Thursday 4 October 2012

October 2012 Card Group Projects

It was our card group meeting today and we had a lovely afternoon!  For the first project I designed a Christmas card with a matching mini milk carton box.  The flowers were made with punched scallop circle shapes - I snipped between each scallop to add dimension and shape to the flowers.  I took my colour combo of Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green, Riding Hood Red and Island Indigo from the colours of the patterned paper.   The box is held closed by a cute little clothes peg and the recipients name can be added to the flag banner.  


Next up was this autumnal leafy card.  I used the French Foliage stamp set and the rock 'n roll technique.  I edged the patterned paper and stamped panel with Soft Suede ink.  I used So Saffron and Cajun Craze inks for the smaller leaves and Lucky Limeade and Cherry Cobbler inks for the larger leaves.  I stamped one leaf separately, cut it out, added a bow made from linen thread and popped the leaf up.


I added a stamped Very Vanilla panel inside the card.


To finish off was a quick and easy CAS Christmas ornament card - I think this was the favourite card of the day!  The lovely swirl is from the Everything Eleanor set and was stamped in Old Olive ink.  The gorgeous damask ornament was stamped in Raspberry Ripple ink, cut out with the matching Framelit die and popped up.  A stamped sentiment, rhinestone and rounded corners finished off the card.


Supplies for Merry Christmas card & box:
Stamps: SU! Mixed Medley & Season of Joy sets
CS: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green, Riding Hood Red & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye Winter Wonderland 'Presents'
Ink: SU! Riding Hood Red & Island Indigo
Tools: SU! Mini Milk Carton die, 2 3/8", 1 3/4" & 1 1/4" scallop circle punches, 3/4" plain circle punch, Martha Stewart Holly Branch punch, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax dies
Embellishments & accessories: PaperMania red glitter dome stickers, Helz Cuppleditch Special Delivery mini clothes pegs, 3d foam pads



Supplies for leafy Best Wishes card:
Stamps: SU! French Foliage & Sincere Salutations sets
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler & Very Vanilla

Patterned paper:  SU! Spice Cake DSP
Ink: SU! So Saffron, Cajun Craze, Lucky Limeade, Cherry Cobbler & Soft Suede
Tools: Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Linen Thread,  3d foam pads



Supplies for Merry Christmas Ornament card:
Stamps: SU! Everything Eleanor, Ornament Keepsakes & Four the Holidays sets
CS:  PaperMania cream A6 card blank
Ink: SU! Old Olive & Raspberry Ripple
Tools: SU! Holiday Ornaments Framelits die, Crop-a-dile Corner Chomper, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: rhinestone jewel, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

2 comments:

Rocky said...

Love the mini milk carton idea but the last card is my favourite. I was so impressed with your SU ornament on a previous post that I've ordered the Ornament set and now I find another fab idea with the same set!

Patty Gorka said...

These cards are all wonderful! I need to make a Christmas card for the card swap that I am currently hosting and you've just given me an idea :)

01 09 10