Wednesday 2 October 2013

Archie & Pals Easel Card

I went to the Christmas demo weekend at the Glitter Pot - oh dear, there was SO much temptation!  I am a complete sucker for a lovely snowman and I'm afraid my collection has grown with the addition of two new Hobby Art snowman stamps!  I find it hard to resist a happy snowman - let alone a happy snowman named Archie juggling cute penguin pals - ack!  My other new snowman is named Bertie and he'll be featured here shortly, no doubt!

I stamped the image in black VersaFine ink onto watercolour paper, coloured with markers, inks and a wet paintbrush and I fussy cut the image.  I added Star Dust Stickles to the hats and Orange Peel Stickles to the snowman's nose. I made a 5 1/4" square Old Olive easel card and layered mats of Real Red CS and dotty patterned paper on the bottom.  I tied red satin ribbon around the card and popped up the sentiment square which acts as the stop for the easel.  I cut a piece of watercolour paper with a curved die, glued that to the top part of the easel card and added the Archie and Pals image.  I then stamped and fussy cut three more penguin pals to sit on the snowy bank.


Here's a closer view of the very sweet image.


This pic shows the bottom of the easel card.


Here's the envelope.  As you can imagine, I had a VERY happy time putting this fun card together!


Supplies:
Stamps:  Hobby Art 'Archie & Pals' cling stamp, Hero Arts 'Wonderful Christmas' set, SU! 'Festive Flurry' set
CS: SU! Old Olive, Real Red, Very Vanilla, watercolour paper

Patterned paper:  SU! 'Jolly Holiday' DSP
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Old Olive, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Pink Pirouette & Sahara Sand, blender pen
Tools:  Square Nestabilities dies, Spellbinders 'A2 Curved Borders One' die set, snowflake die from SU! Festive Flurry Framelits die set, handheld circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: Star Dust & Orange Peel Stickles, red satin ribbon, Dimensionals


 photo ruth_catgrin.gif 


No comments:

01 09 10