Wednesday 9 October 2013

Sparkly Embossed Butterflies Birthday Card

Angela and Janet came along to my home yesterday for a card making afternoon.  Angela had requested "something easy".  I chose to use dry embossing, minimal colours and a simple design.  When rummaging in my embossing folder box I came across the butterflies folder which I'm ashamed to say I've had for ages but never used so I opted to use that.

The A6 sized card base is made from Soft Sky CS.  I embossed a piece of white linen textured card with the butterflies folder, brayered Soft Sky ink over the top and inked the edges with Early Espresso ink.  I added the die cut border at the bottom of the panel and glued the panel to the card front.  I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with an oval punch, inked the edges and popped it up.  The finishing touch was some sparkle in the form of Star Dust Stickles.  I squidged blobs of Stickles on the embossing where I wanted sparkle and used a fine paintbrush to spread the Stickles around.  I find that a more controlled way of applying Stickles, especially when some of the areas are small or narrow.  I really don't know why I've neglected this gorgeous folder for all this time!


I used butterflies from the SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope flap.  I brayered the butterflies with Soft Sky ink which adds some nice detail and definition.  I'm happy to say Angela and Janet really enjoyed making the card and they both went home armed with a sizeable selection of folders from my stash - including the butterfly one - so they can do some dry embossing at home!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Simply Sketched' set, Hero Arts 'Fabulous Birthday'
CS: SU! Soft Sky, Early Espresso & Whisper White, Woodware white linen textured CS
Ink: SU! Soft Sky & Early Espresso
Tools: PaperMania 'Butterfly Aperture' Tri Boss embossing folder, brayer, MFT 'Dainty Doily' border die, SU! large oval punch, SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Star Dust Stickles, SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo ButterflyFlutterRuth.gif 




1 comment:

kelly said...

one word sums up this card.....STUNNING!!!! although i'm sure I could think up a few more!!
Kelly xx

01 09 10