Friday 22 November 2013

Butterfly Just For You Z Fold Birthday Card

This is the card I designed for Angela and Janet to make when they came round yesterday afternoon.  The brief I had was "something simple they could do themselves at home".   I love Z fold cards, they're just that bit different but are so easy to make.  I kept to a simple, versatile layout - this design would work for any occasion with just a few changes.

I started off by making a Rich Razzleberry 5 1/4" square card and then I scored the front panel at 2 5/8" and folded it back to form the Z fold card.  I adhered patterned paper to the back panel and tied Pool Party satin ribbon around the card front.  I stamped the sentiment onto the clouds paper and used square Nestie dies to cut the paper and CS squares.  I popped the Rich Razzleberry layer up.  I folded the wings up of the die cut butterflies and placed half Dimensionals under the Razzleberry wings so they stay popped up.  I added a rhinestone to the Bermuda Bay butterfly to complete the card front.


Here's the inside of the card with a birthday sentiment and more pretty embossed butterflies. 


Of course, the butterfly motif had to be carried over on to the envelope flap!


We had such a nice, relaxing crafty afternoon and I'm pleased to say Angela and Janet both loved the card!

Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! 'Just Believe' & 'Wetlands' sets
CS: SU! Rich Razzleberry, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  Doodlebug Flower Box 'Garden Garland'
Ink: SU! Rich Razzleberry
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, Simply Scored
Embellishments & accessories:  SU! Pool Party satin ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo ruth10.gif 

1 comment:

Pia S said...

I really like this design, Ruth! The color combination works so well, and the design and DP with clouds works so well with this butterfly theme!

01 09 10