Wednesday 6 November 2013

Vase Of Paper Flowers - Plus A Curious Cat

I loved the SU! Flower Shop set as soon as I saw it and I've been wanting to make a vase of flowers like the one on page 95 of the UK SU! catalogue since I got the set.  I've been on the lookout for a suitable narrow necked bottle to use as my vase and I found one in a local shop recently.  I was drawn to it not only due to the shape but also because of the silver chain around the neck with the sweet charms.  I bought the bottle and set to work on my flowers as soon as I got home. 

I stamped, punched and snipped petals and layered three flowers together to make my blooms.  I used different brads and added rhinestones to decorate my flower centres.  I've had the green flower stems in my stash for years, I cut them to different heights and attached the flowers.  I then placed glass nuggets into the bottle and inserted my flower stems.


Here's a closer look at the flowers with their brad and jewel centres.


Here's a closer look at the chain and charms - I just adore the lovely filigree heart shaped from dragonflies!


So after I'd taken the photos my cat Tingha decided he needed to investigate.  I was so happy I had the camera to hand as I could snap this quick pic of him smelling the flowers!


Oooh, what a con, they don't smell!


I really enjoyed putting my vase of paper flowers together, it was great fun!  It's on display in our living room and people who have noticed it have passed very favourable comments I'm happy to say!    

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Flower Shop' set
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Rose Red & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz & Rose Red
Tools: SU! Pansy Punch, 1/2" circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Antique Brads, Flower Brads & Build a Brads, Rhinestone Jewels, glue dots, green flower stems, bottle (from Store Twenty One), glass nuggets


 photo FlowerBoxRuth.gif 

5 comments:

Danielle Vincent said...

Isn't it fun when you find exactly what your hunting for? Such a lovely project and I really loved the photos of the cat - too fun!! Hugs D

Rocky said...

The flowers are gorgeous and that bottle is a great find. Tingha looks like he's smiling his approval too.

sandie said...

Hi Ruth, I just saw this on Blogger and loved it. What a great project. It has so sparked some ideas for Xmas presents. That bottle was a gem of a find! Take care
Sandie x

Radhika said...

Love the flowers Ruth .. your cat is cute.. great snap..:-)

kelly said...

Nice to she you got Tingha's seal of approval, great piccie!!! And the best thing about your flowers is you don't have to remember to water them and they'll never die!!!
Love Kelly xx

01 09 10