Monday 10 February 2014

Heart Thank You Card For Brett

We are so lucky to have great friends.  The kind of friends that you can phone at 6.45 am on a Sunday morning and ask them to drive you to the Accident and Emergency department at the hospital.  On the morning Owen had his accident I called Brett and he immediately said he'd be on his way and he arrived to drive us to  the hospital within a few minutes and he uttered not one word of complaint that he had missed his precious Sunday lie-in. I thought a thank you card was in order!

I really liked the large heart stamp that was given away with the DoCrafts Creativity magazine recently.  The heart has stitching detail and I thought I'd keep the sewing feel going by stamping onto some blue dotted fabric.  I used a tartan fabric to die cut a smaller heart and a few stars.  I made a 5 1/4" square Island Indigo card base and added a black mat layer.  I fussy cut and popped up the large heart and stamped and punched out "Thanks Brett" using an alphabet stamp set and a 1/2" circle punch.  I added a button to the tartan heart, popped the heart up and glued on the stars.  I completed the card front with some metal photo corner embellishments. 


I used the tartan fabric again to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope flap.


After dropping us off at the A&E entrance Brett went home and we got Owen X-Rayed, stitched and treated and a few hours later we were ready to go home.  An incredibly kind lady in the reception area overheard me talking on my mobile phone while I was trying to make arrangements to get home and she offered us a lift.  She was so sweet and we were so grateful and touched.  Thank heaven for the kindness of strangers as well as for caring, understanding friends!  I have to confess I've been feeling a bit jaded about how people are acting in general these days.  I've encountered rudeness and lack of consideration for others a fair bit recently.  It was so lovely to have my faith in human nature restored - a real blessing!

Supplies:
Stamps: stitched heart stamp freebie from DoCrafts Creativity magazine, PaperMania Typewriter Alphabet cling stamp set
CS: SU! Island Indigo, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  PaperMania blue dotty & tartan self adhesive fabric paper rolls
Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: Sizzix Sizzlits heart die, Sizzix Stars Framelits dies, Woodware 1/2" circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: American Crafts metal photo corners, black button, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif 





No comments:

01 09 10