Saturday 19 April 2014

12 Days Of Christmas Tags In A Bag - 52 {C}CT April Theme Challenge

Deborah has chosen a fabulous theme for this week's 52 {C}CT challenge - the 12 Days of Christmas.

 
I've opted to make a set of 12 tags and a gift bag to put them in using SU! Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White as my colour combo.  I spotted a set of 12 Days of Christmas stamps in a sale a few months ago, they were very reduced in price so I snapped them up as I knew they'd be perfect for this challenge.  From the packaging the stamps looked like they were solid images so I was surprised to find they were outline images, hey ho, never mind!   

I stamped all the images first, punched them out plus the circle mat layers, glued them together and wrote the day number on each image circle.  I die cut 12 rounded tags, stamped the sentiment on each tag, glued on the images, punched the holes, added CS washers around the holes and the last step was to add the ribbon.  Doing the steps in stages meant that the tags came together really quickly.  I then used my Gift Bag Punch Board to make a gift bag from Crumb Cake CS.  For the bag closure I die cut 2 Top Note shapes, one from Cherry Cobbler CS and another from patterned paper and glued them together.  I scored the Top Note shape in half, glued the back half to the back of the bag and used magnetic snaps to keep the bag closed at the front.  Die cut Cherry Cobbler CS ribbon and a bow came next and I completed the gift bag with a punched snowflake and a rhinestone.


Here's the gift bag on its own.

 Here are tags 1 to 4.


Here are tags 5 to 8.


Here are tags 9 to 12.


So that's what I made, now it's over to you!  I hope you'll join in with our 12 Days of Christmas theme challenge at 52 {C}CT this week, the DT have come up with fab projects so do check them out before heading off to make your own creations!

Supplies:
Stamps: PaperMania Urban Stamps '12 Days of Christmas Icons' set, SU! 'Four the Holidays' set
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Snow Festival'  DSP pack
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler
Tools: Sizzix Rounded Tags Framelits die, 1/4", 1/2", 1 1/2", 1 3/4" & 2" circle punches, We R Memory Keepers Gift Bag Punch Board, SU! Top Note Bigz die, Creative Expressions Finishing Touches Classic 3D Bow die set, Woodware snowflake punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Whisper White 1/4" stitched grosgrain ribbon, Basic Grey Magnetic Snaps, SU! rhinestone jewel 




 photo RoseRuth.gif
 

6 comments:

Peanut said...

Eeeek! These are super adorable, Ruth. The size is just perfect for tags. Great colour combo too! Wishing you a FABULOUS Easter, my friend!
hugs,Asha

Deborah Frings said...

Ruth - I absolutely love these perfectly CAS stamps!! The colours you've used is just right. And that gift bag is stunning! You rocked the challenge!

Danielle Vincent said...

BRAVO Ruth! This is such a terrific project and idea. I agree with Deborah - you rocked it friend! Hugs and happy Easter. D

Louise van Vuren said...

WOW! The whole 12 days! Love the tags and the bag, lucky you finding those stamps! Hope you are enjoying the Easter weekend

Louise xx

Pat said...

How lovely to do a set of tags!! Great idea!

Fabiola said...

superbe Ruth, les couleurs sont si élégantes et ta série est magnifique, biz

01 09 10