Saturday 21 June 2014

Rudolph & Robin Merry Christmas Easel Card - 52 {C}CT June Theme Challenge

Louise has chosen a wonderful theme for us this week at 52 {C}CT - Rudolph/Reindeer.  Great fun!

 

I made a 5 1/4" square easel card using Soft Sky, Real Red, Old Olive and white CS.  The white strip stamped with snowflakes and the sentiment is popped up to act as the stop for the easel.  I die cut the fancy border and glued that beneath the strip.  I stamped Rudolph on watercolour paper, added an ornament dangling from his antlers, coloured him with inks and a water brush and fussy cut him.  I then stamped my wintry scene onto watercolour paper, colouring the sky, trees, fence and log and adding some blue highlights to the snow.  I stamped, coloured and fussy cut the robin and popped him up.  I placed Rudolph into the scene, mounting the image on a wobble spring, so he's very dimensional and jiggles beautifully!


Here's a close up view of the main image.  Just in case the red shiny nose (courtesy of Crystal Effects) wasn't enough to identify him, I also gave Rudolph a sign with his name on!  I fussy cut the sign, cut a slit in the scarf,  poked the top of the sign through the slit and taped it at the back.


I cut a panel of white CS for the bottom of the card and stamped snowflakes and a sentiment.  I love how the red and soft blue look together!


Because Rudolph is on a wobble spring the card is quite dimensional so I made an envelope from  patterned paper.  The card is 5 1/4" square but I made the envelope 5 3/4" square and the card slides in and out very smoothly, I'm not happy if the fit is a bit too snug!  I stamped and die cut the flag banners and popped up a snowflake circle element.  This card will definitely be hand delivered and I'll write the recipient's name on the white banner.


I made an office style envelope closure using snowflake brads, punched circles and baker's twine.  I dressed up the snowflakes with a bit of bling to finish off!


Huge thanks to my lovely friend Lesley who loaned me her fab reindeer stamp set to play with - I enjoyed making this card immensely!

Whether you use reindeer or a red nosed Rudolph I hope you'll play along with us at 52 {C}CT for this week's theme challenge - I hope you have as much fun making your cards as I did! 

Supplies:
Stamps: Hobby Art 'Santa's Reindeer' clear set, My Cute Stamps 'Let It Snow' clear set, SU! 'Sassy Salutations' & 'Snowflakes' sets, Penny Black 'Joyous Season', Sizzix 'Banners' stamp & die combo set
CS: SU! Soft Sky, Real Red, Old Olive & Whisper White, watercolour paper

Patterned paper Bo Bunny 'Clover' Double Dot
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Real Red, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Smoky Slate & Basic Black
Tools: 'Lace Edger 2' Joanna Sheen Signature die, banner dies from Sizzix 'Banners' stamp & die combo set, circle punches, SU! Envelope Punch Board, heat tool, paper piercer, water brush
Embellishments & accessories: clear embossing powder, Woodware Action Wobble Spring, snowflake brads from stash, SU! white baker's twine, Crystal Effects, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals, 3D foam tape 



 photo RoseRuth.gif

7 comments:

Fabiola said...

j'adore Ruth, il est tellement adorable ce Rudolph et cette scène est trop jolie, biz

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely wonderful! I love the Rudolf image with his beautiful shiny nose and the gorgeous winter scene too. As always the inside is a lovely as the outside and I do like the envelope. Super ensemble!

Louise van Vuren said...

Ruth I love this so much. I am glad you had fun and who wouldn't? Making such a fun card. Your attention to detail is amazing, love how you made his name tag! Beautifully coloured, an amazing DT card,
Louise xx

Anonymous said...

Ruth - your card is amazing. You have put so much work, time and effort into it and it has definitely paid off - it's fabulous. I'm sure it will be a card to treasure. Hugs, Gill x

Mynn xx said...

Your coloring is just AMAZING, Ruth! I LOVE this beautiful scene and the fabulous dimension, too! HUGS! Mynn xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Favorite card EVER (so far anyway :o)) Ruth!! Absolutely adorable. You created an awesome scene. LOVE that shiny red nose. Swoon... :o) Hugs D

Patricia Hays said...

You did an amazing job coloring this scene! The shiny red nose is perfect. And yes - the soft blue and bright red color combo is fantastic for winter cards! :)

01 09 10