Friday 27 June 2014

SU! Owl Thank You Cards

The SU! Spring and Summer catalogue is coming to an end soon and two friends placed orders to get the goodies they wanted while they were still available.  That meant I needed to make a couple of extra thank you cards this month.  I decided to use my neglected owl punch for these two cards and originally planned on making a very simple and fast design - but I got carried away LOL!  Hubby was ensconced on the sofa watching World Cup football so I escaped to my craft room for some creative play and I was happy to let the card design develop as I went along.  It ended up more fancy than I'd originally intended - but I enjoyed making the cards immensely and my friends loved them so happy days all round!    

The cards measure a tad over 4" square and were made using the gorgeous new Lost Lagoon CS.  I added in Soft Sky, Early Espresso and white and I love how these colours look together!  I embossed the Soft Sky squares with the Woodgrain folder and lightly brayered over the top and sponged the edges using Lost Lagoon ink.  I punched and assembled the owls and stamped, inked and die cut the sentiment labels.  I applied Crystal Effects to the hearts and to the Early Espresso dots on the labels so they're lovely and shiny.  I also added white gel pen dots to highlight the eyes.  I punched the banners, layered them and added a rhinestone to the banner at the top.  The owls and labels are popped up with Dimensionals.


I always have to decorate the insides and envelopes of my cards, I just can't NOT do it now, it doesn't feel finished if I don't!  I was at a loss as to what to use until I remembered the beautiful swirl from the Everything Eleanor set.  I also used the Four Frames set and the Decorative Label punch to make  name labels for the envelope fronts.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Sassy Salutations', 'Everything Eleanor' & 'Four Frames' sets
CS: SU! Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky, Early Espresso & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Lost Lagoon & Early Espresso, white gel pen
Tools: SU! Owl Builder, Banner & Decorative Label punches, Woodgrain embossing folder, Apothecary Accents Framelits dies, brayer, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Crystal Effects, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals




 photo RoseRuth.gif
 


No comments:

01 09 10