Friday 7 November 2014

Rustic Season's Greetings Card - Merry Monday #133

This week Merry Monday are asking for a rustic looking Christmas card using creams, tans and browns.  I've used those colours to make vintage looking cards - but not rustic as that really isn't my style.  However, it's good to step out from your comfort zone now and then and try something different!

 

A soon as I saw the word 'rustic' I knew the time had come to finally break out the stack of burlap paper that I've had in my stash for a few months.  I cut the burlap paper to 5 1/4" square, added the Deer Trio die cut shape plus two strips of brown gingham ribbon and adhered the panel to the front of a 5 3/4" cream card base.  I simply added die cut ivy and bells plus the sentiment label - the ivy and bells are popped up.  I didn't add any bling as I thought that might not be appropriate for a rustic look and feel - burlap and bling isn't a natural pairing LOL!


Here's the inside and the envelope.  Well, I had fun trying something different and this card will be ideal for a man and I'm glad to have at least one of those in my Christmas card stash!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Four the Holidays' set, Stampendous 'Merry Wishes'

CS: SU! Early Espresso, Very Vanilla & Brushed Gold, DCWV Burlap Paper Stack
Ink: SU! Early Espresso & Soft Suede
Tools: Memory Box 'Deer Trio' die, 'Ivy Corner' Joanna Sheen Signature die, CottageCutz Petites 'Bells' die, Spellbinder's 'Labels Trio' die

Embellishments & accessories: brown gingham ribbon, Dimensionals

 photo RoseRuth.gif

6 comments:

laurie said...

That burlap paper is fantastic! It's SO perfect for the rustic challenge. I love the die cuts you used, and the bells..they go on my list! So I guess we are enabling each other.

The way you finished the inside and envelope sure makes this card awesome... inside and out!

Mynn xx said...

I am in total amazement!!! This is perfect, Ruth! And I agree--bling would look wrong. This is absolutely perfect as is! Hugs! :) Mynn xx

Susan Sudbury said...

Love everything about this card! Its perfectly rustic!

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE everything about this card. That burlap paper is awesome! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh it's perfect!! Loving the burlap!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Katie Melhus said...

Wow, that black on burlap looks just great! Lovely card! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

01 09 10