Monday 22 June 2015

Blossoms Gift Tag

What a miserable day - on the upside it's perfect crafting weather!  I'll be in my craft room today creating cards and prepping for my 'Sunshine, Silhouette & Striplet' class that I'm running on Saturday.  I loved running classes at the Glitter Pot and was extremely disappointed with the news that the retail shop was closing.  The shop closed on Saturday, I visited with some friends for a final shop and it was quite emotional, we're really going to miss the shop and the wonderful staff!  I knew a lot of ladies were going to miss attending classes at the Glitter Pot so I decided to find a venue in Burgess Hill so I could carry on running classes myself.  I'm hiring a room at Martha & Daisy's and have just booked the one class for now.  I'm hoping that all goes well on Saturday and that we're all happy with the venue and then I can book more classes there.  I've just been offered a part time job at Wilko in Burgess Hill which may well mean I don't have many Saturdays free but I'm hoping I can run some on Sundays and the occasional week day.  It's all happening for me at the moment - exciting times!

So today I'm sharing a gift tag I made to go on a birthday gift for my good friend Jan.  I'd just received a Stampin' Up! delivery and had to use one of my new supplies - the gorgeous 'Birthday Blossoms' stamp set.  I stamped the flower cluster image in Real Red ink as a background onto Whisper White CS, cut it out with a cross stitch rectangle die, inked the edges with Soft Sky ink and layered it onto a mat of Soft Sky CS.  I die cut a larger cross stitch rectangle from Real Red CS, adhered the Soft Sky mat to that and added a white die cut rectangle to the back.  I then punched a hole and added the ribbons.  I stamped the three flowers on Soft Sky CS using Baja Breeze ink and stamped the leaves in Pear Pizzazz CS using Mossy Meadow ink.  I inked the edges of the flowers and leaves, punched the flowers, fussy cut the leaves and attached them to the front of the tag, popping the three flowers up.  I added a red sparkly dome sticker to each flower centre and added a blue sparkly dome sticker to the red gingham bow.


Here's the back of the tag.


Here's the tag attached to the gift.


I hope Jan liked the tag, it gave a sneak peek as to what was inside the wrapping - a wood mount 'Birthday Blossoms' stamp set!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Birthday Blossoms' set, Hobby Art 'Sentiments' clear set
CS: SU! Real Red, Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Real Red, Soft Sky, Baja Breeze & Mossy Meadow
Tools: Memory Box 'Cross Stitched Frame' rectangle dies, SU! 'Pansy' punch, Crop-A-Dile, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Real Red satin ribbon, red & white gingham ribbon, PaperMania shimmer dome stickers, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10