Monday 26 September 2016

Pine Boughs & Cones Christmas Sparkle Card

The SU! 'Christmas Pines' stamp set and matching 'Pretty Pines' die set are just SO lovely!  I was determined to get into my craft room last week and use them to make a Christmas card.

The Cherry Cobbler card base is 5 3/4" square, I added a Garden Green mat layer and I glued a strip of 'Presents & Pinecones' paper to the white panel.  I stamped the pine boughs in Mint Macaron and Garden Green inks and die cut a few boughs in the same colours.  Because I was going to use the 'May your Christmas sparkle with joy and happiness' sentiment I added some sparkle to the pine boughs with Star Dust Stickles.  The small pine cone is stamped and die cut, the larger cone at the back is also stamped and die cut and the cone at the front is die cut only and I popped them all up.  I die cut a Cherry Cobbler bow, tied an adorable Mini Pinecone around it with linen thread and attached the bow with a glue dot. I wrapped Cherry Cobbler taffeta ribbon around the white panel and glued the whole thing to the Garden Green mat layer.  I stamped and die cut the sentiment element and popped it up.  I finished off with more sparkle by sprinkling on a few rhinestone jewels.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  What a lovely sentiment - 'May the simple joys of the season be yours'.


The pine bough stamps are designed as two step stamping images and I really love the two tone effect you achieve.  Add the sweet little pine cones and I am one happy stamper!  Here's a closer look.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Christmas Pines' set
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Kraft & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Presents & Pinecones' DSP
Ink: SU! Mint Macaron, Garden Green, Soft Suede & Cherry Cobbler
Tools: SU! 'Pretty Pines' Thinlits & 'Lots of Labels' Framelits dies, MISTI
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Cherry Cobbler taffeta ribbon, Mini Pinecone, linen thread, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals, glue dot, Star Dust Stickles


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10