Wednesday 14 December 2016

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String

This is one of those "it seemed a good idea at the time!" projects!  I wanted to do something to make this Christmas a bit more special for my hubby Owen to make up for the fact that he was in hospital over Christmas in 2015.

I decided on advent gifts - so 24 gifts to buy and wrap - what was I thinking?!  Trying to get this all done before 1st December was a tad stressful but I'm so glad I did it!  I placed all 24 gifts in a Santa sack and the look on his face when he realised it was for him was priceless, he was so, so surprised and touched!  Each morning since December 1st he's been rummaging in the sack and opening that day's gift and he's enjoying it immensely.  Spreading some Christmas joy is fun for me too!  

The first thing I did was to stamp all 24 numbers on the gift tags.  Next I wrapped up gifts in brown paper and finished off by tying the tags on with baker's twine, adding a jingle bell and a bauble to each package.  Some of the packages also got a holly embellishment.  This did take quite a bit of time and I completed the wrapping and decorating in batches so I didn't get too fed up with it!  I completed a few gifts at a time spread over 4 sessions.  I have to say I was glad when I'd finished, I don't enjoy wrapping and it's usually Owen's job!

I bought a variety of gifts ranging from £1 to £5 like scratchcards, Christmas socks, toiletries, chocolate, games and some other odds and ends.  I bought Christmas choccies, candy canes and chocolate coins and included a few of those with some of the smaller gifts.

Here's a photo of just two of the packages - I don't think I could have managed one photo with all 24 gifts!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Memorable Moments' set
Ink: SU! Real Red & Garden Green
Embellishments & accessories: kraft wrapping paper, tag and twine set, jingle bells, bauble present toppers and holly embellishments - all from Wilko


 photo RoseRuth.gif



No comments:

01 09 10