Friday 16 June 2017

Eclectic Happy Birthday Card - #mixitupmonday

I left work at lunchtime today which meant I had some time to craft.  I managed to play with this week's Mix It Up Monday colour combo from Helen's All Things Stampy blog again this week so I'm popping in to share my card.  I did find this one a bit of a challenge but I got there in the end!


I used Fresh Fig ink (stamped off once) to create the Burlap background and I stamped the sentiment in full strength Fresh Fig ink.  I stamped and die cut the flower and leaves and added a bit more So Saffron ink to the flower using a sponge dauber.  I added Fresh Fig patterned paper and a Tranquil Tide strip and I cut a Tranquil Tide mat layer.  I adhered the panels on the wonk and popped up the flower.  I used the 'Beautiful Wings' Embosslits die to cut two Fresh Fig butterflies - I know this die is long retired but it's not leaving my stash any time soon!  I rounded two corners of the card and added rhinestone jewels to the butterflies to finish the front.


Here's the inside and the envelope with more of the Fresh Fig patterned paper plus a favourite oldie but goodie retired sentiment stamp.  


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Oh So Eclectic' & 'Blooming With Kindness' sets, 'Burlap' & 'Stylized Birthday'
CS: SU! So Saffron, Fresh Fig, Tranquil Tide & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Fresh Florals' DSP stack
Ink: SU! So Saffron, Fresh Fig & Tranquil Tide
Tools: SU! 'Eclectic Layers' Thinlits dies, 'Beautiful Wings' Embosslits die, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth


1 comment:

Helen said...

Wow! LOVE what you made - fabulous! I struggled with this one, too. In fact, my first attempted was vetoed even by my most polite customers. Ha!

01 09 10