Saturday 17 February 2018

Two Petal Palette Birdie Thank You Cards

The moment I saw the 'Petal Palette' set in the 2018 SU! Spring/Summer catalogue I loved it and knew I'd have to get it.  I love the watercolour effect of the images and the birdie is just so adorable!  Looking for ideas on Pinterest I came across some beautiful projects made by Esther Howard and her monochromatic card really caught my attention.

Here's Esther's simply stunning card.  I just had to CASE this lovely design and make my own version - and in fact I made two versions!


Esther has this fab YouTube video showing how she created this card.  I loved the way Esther made her sponging mask - ingenious!  I adopted this method for my version and it works brilliantly.  I opted to introduce some Tranquil Tide along with the Pool Party and I opted for layers rather than a one layer card.  I'm always nervous making one layer cards as they need to be perfect - nowhere to hide any boo boos!  I made a Pool Party A6 sized card base, layered the white panel on a mat of Tranquil Tide CS and popped up the stamped and die cut birdie.


Of course, I had to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope.  This card will go to a nature and bird loving friend who doesn't like designs that are too fussy.  I needed another thank you card for a friend who likes a design that is a bit more 'stepped up' and fussy so I thought I'd use the stamps again to make her card.  Oh, I do love a day off from work and time to spare to get inky in my craft room! 


For the next card I stayed with the idea of using a pale colour with a strong darker colour and I chose Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant.  I did some tone on tone background stamping on the Wisteria Wonder A6 sized card base and popped up the Elegant Eggplant panel at a jaunty angle.  In addition to the popped up birdie I also stamped and die cut some flowers for this card.  I also added some silver cord to the image panel.


Here's the inside and envelope.  Huge thanks to Esther for the inspiration, I thoroughly enjoyed making this duo of birdie cards!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Petal Palette' set
CS: SU! Pool Party, Tranquil Tide, Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Pool Party,  Tranquil Tide, Wisteria Wonder & Elegant Eggplant
Tools: SU! 'Petals & More' Thinlits die set
Embellishments & accessories: silver cord, SU! Dimensionals

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10