Thursday 12 July 2018

July 2018 Card Group Projects

Last Thursday we got together for our July card group meeting - phew, it was a hot, sticky day!  During the June meeting I asked for suggestions and one lady asked for a gift box and another lady asked for a black and white card.

When I started prepping the projects I started with the gift box suggestion and decided to decorate an SU! white mini pizza box.  I've had a big clear out of my crafty stuff and I've sold lots on ebay but there were some items that I wasn't ready to part with.  I've placed those 'undecided' items in a box and I'm using them so I can make a decision to keep or sell.  One of the items in the box was the SU! 'Lattice' Bigz die and I looked back on the blog to see how I'd used it in the past and I came across this card I made back in 2013 so I CASEd that design for the gift box and then I thought I may as well make a matching card!  Here's the envelope, card and gift box all together.


Here's the gift box.  I cut a square of Berry Burst CS, glued that to the front of the box, I cut two small squares of Lemon Lime Twist CS and glued them on top of the Berry Burst square and then I glued the Blackberry Bliss die cut 'Lattice' shape over the top.  I popped up the stamped and punched butterflies and tied a stamped and die cut tag to some white organza ribbon with some silver cord.  I tied the ribbon in a bow around the box.   


Here's a side view of the box, it's a great size.


Here's the A6 sized card - made exactly the same way as the panel on the box - but with the addition of a patterned paper strip with a stamped sentiment instead of a tag.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I really like the Berry Burst, Blackberry Bliss, Lemon Lime Twist and Powder Pink colour combo! 


I turned to my 'undecided' box again for the black and white card and I chose to use the SU! 'Bella Toile' and 'Gossamer Lace' stamps from the box.  Both are beautiful stamps and I love them - I've just neglected them!  I decided to make a card and decorate a matching gift bag.  Here's the envelope, card and gift bag all together.


To get panels for the card front, inside and the front of the bag, I stamped the 'Bella Toile' stamp twice onto pieces of Whisper White CS and cut the pieces to size.  I stamped the 'Gossamer Lace' image twice and fussy cut them out.  I die cut two Poppystamps 'Lorelai Leaf' shapes and snipped the shapes so I had two separate leafy sprigs to tuck under the black die cut circles.  I die cut two flowers and centres, shaped them and glued the flower on top of a black CS circle.  I stamped the sentiment and popped a clear gem in the centre of the flower. 

Here's the card.


Here's the inside of the card and the front of the envelope.  The inside of the card has a stamped panel mounted onto a strip of Basic Black CS.  For the envelope front I stamped the 'Bella Toile' stamp directly onto the envelope and drew a line with a black Sharpie marker.


Here's the decorated gift bag.



Here's a side view.  The bag is gusseted and a good size to hold a few treats.


I usually make three cards for the ladies to make and the ladies split into three groups to make the cards.  This month there were two groups and I wasn't sure how that was going to pan out but it worked really well so two cards with matching gift packaging could well happen at card group again in the future! 

So, what of the 'Lattice' die, 'Bella Toile' stamp and 'Gossamer Lace' stamp from my 'undecided' box?  I can't let them go, I'm keeping them in my stash!

Supplies for card and mini pizza box:
Stamps: SU! 'Made for You' & 'Papillon Potpourri' sets, Hero Arts 'Sending You Love' set
CS: SU! Berry Burst, Blackberry Bliss, Lemon Lime Twist, Powder Pink & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Fresh Florals' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Blackberry Bliss
Tools: SU! 'Lattice' Bigz die, SU! 'Bitty Butterfly' & circle punches, Nellie Snellen 'Flower 2' die set, Hero Arts 'Small Tag Frame' die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! white organza ribbon, silver cord, Dimensionals


Supplies for card & gift bag:
Stamps: SU! 'Bella Toile' & 'Gossamer Lace', Hobby Art 'Best Wishes', Personal Impressions 'Medium Everyday Messages' set
CS: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White (regular & thick)
Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink, black Sharpie marker
Tools: Poppystamps 'Lorelai Leaf' die, Nellie Snellen 'Flower 2' die set, SU! 'Stitched Shapes' die set, Sizzix Big Shot Starter Kit Framelits die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth




No comments:

01 09 10