Saturday 7 July 2018

Blue Rose Lots Of Happy Card

The style of the 'Abstract Impressions' stamp set in the new SU! catalogue really appeals to me but I don't like all the images and the sentiments.  I saw online that a lot of people said the set was reminiscent of an old, long retired SU! set called 'Roses in Winter' and when I checked that set out I loved it - I'm  very partial to a two-step stamping set with roses!  So I decided I had to add the 'Roses in Winter' stamp set to my collection.

Luckily, I was on a day off from work the day the stamp set arrived in the post so I was able to get inky with the stamps immediately, yay!

I used Soft Sky, Marina Mist (stamped off once) and Night of Navy inks to stamp the roses and Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive inks for the leaves.  The stamp set is wood mounted so I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig but stamping the image layers is nice and easy as the style of the set is loose and sketchy so 100% perfect placement isn't essential.  After stamping the sentiment I embellished the image panel with some Old Olive ribbon and I added three silver sequins.  I popped the image panel up on top of a Night of Navy A6 sized card base.


Here's a closer look at the image panel.  I went over all the stamped roses with a clear Wink of Stella pen to add some subtle shimmer.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


I'm very happy with how the card turned out and enjoyed my crafty play immensely!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Roses in Winter' set, sentiment stamp from SU! 'Lots of Happy' card kit, Hero Arts 'Everything Wonderful'
CS: SU! Night of Navy & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Pear Pizzazz & Old Olive
Tools: SU! Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, clear Wink of Stella pen
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals, silver sequins

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10