Thursday 1 November 2018

November 2018 Card Group Projects

Today I'm sharing the three cards we made at our November card group meeting - I'm calling it the November meeting although, in fact, we did meet up during the last week of October as I had to run the group a week early!

A little while ago Jan asked if we could revisit a card we'd made before at card group, a card that had a wonky panel and was a birthday card.  It took me a while to get the correct card Jan was referring to but we got there in the end!  It was this card that the ladies made back in January 2017, a lovely design I CASEd from Rachel Tessman.


Jan asked if we could make a Christmas card version of the wonky panel card and I was very happy to design one as my brand new SU! 'Snowfall' Thinlits die set and 'Snow is Glistening' stamp set seemed ideal for this card!  I love snowflake designs so I needed no encouragement to add these products to my stash and they are SO beautiful!  I've used Night of Navy and Balmy Blue together with Whisper White as my colour combo.  After adhering the white snowflake to the Night of Navy solid shape I popped it up and added a small Balmy Blue dot in the centre of the snowflake.


For inside the card I've used a gorgeous snow border stamp from the 'Snow is Glistening' set.  I stamped the image twice to get the border at the top of the white panel - the Stamparatus makes that so easy, the image lines up perfectly! I also stamped the 'blizzard of wishes' sentiment and three of the oh, so pretty snowflakes.


The pretty snowflakes decorate the front of the envelope too.


The last card group Christmas card for this year is this snowman edged card made using the Crafter's Companion Gemini 'Snowman' stamp & dies set.  The set contains one clear stamp and two separate dies to cut out the snowman.  I stamped the snowman on the front of an A6 sized white card base and used just one die to cut out the snowman edge.  I used coloured pencils to colour the snowman.  I embossed a piece of Tim Holtz Fired Brick Core'dinations paper with an embossing folder and rubbed fine sandpaper over the top to bring out the design.  I glued the red panel in place and added some black and white gingham ribbon.  I stamped and die cut the sentiment label, popped that up and added a sweet die cut snowflake with a jewel centre.


Here's the inside of the card.  I stamped a sentiment, added a panel of black CS and finished off with a narrow strip of the Fired Brick Core'dinations paper. 


I used a snowflake background stamp to decorate the front of the envelope.  After stamping I drew a line with a ruler and a black Sharpie marker.


The non Christmas card project is this 'Just a Note' card made using the fabulous SU! 'Rooted in Nature' stamp set and matching 'Nature's Roots' Framelits dies.  I wanted to use some patterned paper from the SU! 'Wood Textures' 6" x 6" DSP pack but I didn't have enough of the same pattern for everyone.  I remembered that I had a sample of some wood effect wallpaper from Wilko so I tried using that - it worked a treat and I had plenty!  

I inked the tree in Mossy Meadow ink and inked the trunk using a Soft Suede marker.  I cut the partial image out using a Layering Squares die and I added some Crumb Cake ink with a sponge dauber as a ground.  I matted the wood wallpaper strip onto a layer of Mossy Meadow CS and matted the tree panel to a square of Blackberry Bliss CS.  I stamped two small skeleton leaves in stamped off once Blackberry Bliss ink and stamped a large skeleton leaf in stamped off once Mossy Meadow ink.  I was chuffed to find that the 'Just a Note' sentiment fitted perfectly on the large leaf!  I embossed a piece of Copper Foil Sheet with a detailed leaf die and then cut out the shape using a leaf outline die.  I arranged my cluster of leaves, popping them all up.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope flap, decorated with more of those beautiful skeleton leaves.


2018 seems to have just rocketed by, I can't believe we only have one more meeting left this year!  

Supplies for snowflake card:
Stamps: SU! 'Snow is Glistening' set
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Balmy Blue & Whisper White
Ink: SU! SU! Balmy Blue & Night of Navy
Tools: SU! 'Snowfall' Thinlits die set, SU! Stamparatus
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


Supplies for snowman card:
Stamps: Crafter's Companion Gemini 'Snowman' stamp & die set, SU! 'Sweet Essentials' set, Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' set, Woodware 'Snowflakes & Sparkles' background stamp
CS: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White (thick & regular), Tim Holtz Fired Brick Core'dinations paper

Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, black Sharpie marker
Tools: Crafter's Companion Gemini 'Snowman' stamp & die set, Spellbinders Labels Trio die, small snowflake die from SU! 'Snowfall' Thinlits die set
Embellishments & accessories: coloured pencils, black & white gingham ribbon, SU! rhinestone jewels, fine sandpaper


Supplies for tree card
Stamps: SU! 'Rooted in Nature' & 'Petal Palette' sets 
CS: SU! Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadow & Whisper White (thick & regular), SU! Copper Foil Sheet
Ink: SU! Blackberry Bliss, Crumb Cake & Mossy Meadow, Soft Suede marker
Tools: SU! 'Nature's Roots' Thinlits die set, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Wilko wood effect wallpaper sample, SU! Dimensionals

Ruth



No comments:

01 09 10