Saturday 20 October 2018

Poinsettia Christmas Wishes Card

Many thanks to my lovely friend Jan who lent me her SU! 'Peaceful Poinsettia' bundle so I could try the stamps and dies out.  This card wasn't difficult but it was fiddly and time consuming - I didn't mind though, it was a dull Sunday afternoon and therefore perfect to while away some time crafting!

My colour combo is Merry Merlot, Shaded Spruce, Whisper White and a hint of gold sparkle.  I decided the leaves had to be green so I cut snippets of Shaded Spruce CS to adhere behind the Whisper White panel so that the colour showed through the cut out designs.  I then decided the berries needed to be red so I die cut the berries and inset the shapes - and then I did the same with the centre of the poinsettia as I decided that needed to be gold - yeah, fiddly and time consuming!  I stamped the sentiment (just LOVE that font!), cut it out with the Everyday Label punch, used the punch again to cut a Merry Merlot label, I cut that into two pieces, glued those behind the white label and popped the label up on Dimensionals.  I used the holly die from the 'Detailed Poinsettia' die set to cut some Gold Glimmer Paper dots which add a tad more sparkle.


Here's the inside of the card.  I die cut the Shaded Spruce sprigs and inset them and also inset two Gold Shimmer Paper dots.


Here's the envelope with the holly sprig decorating the flap.


I was very happy how the card turned out, I love the traditional, almost retro feel but I certainly wouldn't make multiples of this design!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Peaceful Poinsettia' set
CS: SU! Merry Merlot, Shaded Spruce & Whisper White, Gold Glimmer Paper
Ink: SU! Shaded Spruce
Tools: SU! 'Detailed Poinsettia' Thinlits die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10