Wednesday 10 October 2018

Jolly Season Snowman Shaped Edge Christmas Card

I was very intrigued when I discovered the Crafter's Companion Gemini stamp and die sets that create shaped edge designs.  I wanted to try a set and there are many designs to choose from but the cheery 'Snowman' set captured my heart!

Here's the card open clearly showing the shaped edge.  The set contains one clear stamp and two dies that cut out the right and left side of the snowman shape.  I used just one die to cut the left half of the snowman shape from the front of the Lost Lagoon A6 sized card base.  Once I'd stamped the snowman I used both dies to cut out the entire snowman shape - I cut using one die at a time so it took two passes through my Big Shot.  I coloured the stamped image using SU! inks and an Aquapainter and popped up the snowman, being careful to align him with the shaped edge of the card base.  I used masking to get two different ink colours on the sentiment.  I cut out the sentiment with a stitched rectangle die and added die cut snowflakes with rhinestone jewel centres to complete the card front.


I covered the entire inside back of the card base with a piece of Whisper White CS.  This photo shows the back panel of the card visible from the front.


I decorated the inside of the card and the envelope flap with a stamped sentiment and die cut snowflakes.. 


Such a happy, fun card to create!  This snowman may well feature on a card group card next month!

Supplies:
Stamps: snowman stamp from the Crafter's Companion Gemini 'Snowman' stamp & die set, Hero Arts 'Miracle of the Holidays' set
CS: SU! Lost Lagoon, Real Red & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Lost Lagoon, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede & Smoky Slate
Tools: dies from the Crafter's Companion Gemini 'Snowman' stamp & die set, Poppystamps 'Valley Snowflakes' die, M&C Boutique stitched rectangle die set, snowflake dies from the Sizzix 'Christmas is Here' stamps & dies combo set (on the envelope), circle die, SU! Aquapainter
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10