Friday 12 October 2018

Distressed Dots & Snowflake Merry Christmas Card

My craft room was in dire need of tidying - lots of things needed putting away in their rightful places and there were piles of "stuff" that needed to be sorted out and dealt with.  I made myself get the job done before allowing myself to create a new project!  Among the piles of stuff there were some left over bits and pieces from various card group project kits and quite a few die cut shapes.  I was fairly ruthless and discarded most of it but I kept the card bases and any of the bits and pieces that I thought could be used to create a card quickly and easily.  After the tidying I was very happy to make a couple of cards using some of those leftover bits!

I die cut the distressed dots panel out of the Pacific Point card base using a die from the Tim Holtz 'Mixed Media' die set and popped up the die cut snowflake.  The sentiment label was already stamped and die cut and I edged it with Pacific Point ink using a sponge dauber and popped it up across the centre of the snowflake.



On the white panel for inside the card I stamped the lovely 'flurry of warm Christmas wishes' sentiment in full strength Pacific Point ink and stamped the snowflake cluster a few times using stamped off once Pacific Point ink.  I stamped the snowflake cluster twice and used circle punches to create the element for the envelope flap.


It was great to add another Christmas card to the box and I managed to get another one made that I'll share here soon!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Flurry of Wishes' & 'Perpetual Birthday Calendar' sets
CS: SU! Pacific Point & Whisper White

Ink: SU! Pacific Point
Tools: Sweet Dixie 'Large Swirly Snowflake' die, Spellbinders Labels Trio die set, Sizzix Tim Holtz 'Mixed Media' Thinlits die set, SU! 1 1/2" & 1 3/4" circle punches, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth



No comments:

01 09 10