Friday 5 October 2018

October 2018 Card Group Projects

It was our October card group meeting yesterday and a very happy afternoon was had by all!  The ladies made two Christmas cards and a birthday card.  All three designs were based on cards we've made previously at card group.  I thought it would be fun to revisit some designs but shake things up a wee bit!

The first Christmas card features a lot of swirls!  I used the new and absolutely gorgeous SU! 'Swirls & Curls' embossing folder to create a background and felt compelled to carry on with a swirly theme!  The colour combo is Shaded Spruce, Mint Macaron and Whisper White - and that touch of Lovely Lipstick adds a punchy pop.   I know I haven't used the SU! 'Hang Your Stocking' stamp set and 'Christmas Stockings' die set enough and I was very happy to use these lovely but retired goodies  for this card.  I just love that new embossing folder and it looks great on both the embossed and debossed sides - I opted to use the debossed side for my card.  I used two square dies to create the Mint Macaron frame.  The swirly stocking is popped up on Dimensionals.



I've used a lovely swirly sentiment and a long retired SU! wheel stamp called 'So Swirly' to decorate the inside of the card.  


Here's the envelope front.


The second Christmas card was made using the fab and fun SU! 'Making Spirits Bright' stamp set, the matching 'Bulb Builder' punch and patterned paper from the 'All is Bright' DSP pack.  The colour combo is Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green and Whisper White.  The three light bulbs are popped up.



Here's a view of the inside of the card when it's opened.  Part of the card front is folded back to create a pocket which is perfect to hold a gift card or money.


Here's a closer look at the pocket part.  I glued the patterned paper piece to the scored panel, cut a half circle using a 1" circle punch and used narrow double sided tape at the top and bottom only to create the pocket.


For the inside panel I stamped the string of bulbs image, stamped the sentiment on a separate piece of CS, punched it out with the 'Everyday Label' punch and glued it inside.



I simply stamped the string of bulbs image again to decorate the envelope flap.


For the birthday card I've used the MFT 'Blueprints 18' die set.  Using various dies from the set makes creating a card a breeze as you get a layout sorted easily and quickly.  The colour combo is Lemon Lime Twist, Night of Navy, Soft Sky and Whisper White.  I made a Lemon Lime Twist A6 sized card base and I used dies to cut the patterned paper and Night of Navy panels - I trimmed them down a bit to better suit the front of the A6 sized card base.  I die cut the diagonal line of dots between the two panels and I stamped and die cut the sentiment banner.  I stamped and punched the flower using the SU! 'Petal Potpourri' stamp set and 'Flower Medallion' punch, snipped between the petals and did some shaping.  I die cut two leaves, glued them in place and popped the flower up.


I stamped a birthday sentiment inside and used a Tim Holtz 'Mixed Media' die to cut out the distressed dotty pattern - I thought that echoed the irregular dots on the patterned paper nicely.  Before gluing the white panel inside the card I adhered a piece of Night of navy CS to the back so that the dotty pattern showed up better.  I liked the navy showing through but a few of the ladies preferred to leave it as the lemon lime showing through.  For the envelope, I adhered a strip of the patterned paper to the front and added lines using a Night of Navy marker.


Supplies for stocking card:
Stamps: SU! 'Hang Your Stocking' set, SU! 'So Swirly' unmounted wheel stamp, Penny Black 'Beautiful Season' stamp
CS: SU! Mint Macaron, Shaded Spruce, Lovely Lipstick & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Mint Macaron  & Shaded Spruce
Tools: SU! 'Christmas Stockings' Thinlits, 'Layering Squares' & 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits die sets, SU! 'Swirls & Curls' embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


Supplies for lights gift card holder card:
Stamps: SU! 'Making Christmas Bright' & 'Labels to Love' sets
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'All is Bright' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green  & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! Simply Scored, 'Everyday Label' punch, 1" circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


Supplies for flower 'for you' card:
Stamps: SU! 'Petal Potpourri' & 'Birthday Blooms' sets
CS: SU! Lemon Lime Twist, Night of Navy, Soft Sky & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Naturally Eclectic' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Night of Navy
Tools: MFT 'Blueprints 18' die set, Sizzix Tim Holtz 'Mixed Media' die set, Memory Box 'Fresh Leaves' die set, SU! 'Flower Medallion' & 3/4" circle punches, MFT Die-namics 'Fishtail Flags' Stax die set, flower shaping tool
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10