Friday 27 March 2020

March 2020 Card Group Projects

I'm finally getting around to sharing the cards we made at our March card group meeting.  We didn't know it at the time but we do now know that was our last card group meeting for some time.  Obviously, this is very sad, disappointing news but it is essential that we follow the rules around the coronavirus pandemic.  We're all in this together and we will pull through and come out on the other side!

For the first card I followed a very basic card layout - a square and a rectangle placed on an A6 sized card base.  I used the SU! 'Beautiful Friendship' stamp set and the colour combo is Old Olive, Gorgeous Grape and Whisper White.



I wanted to show that you can step up the design of a card using the same layout.  I made a second version of the card where I cut the white layer into 4 squares, sponged the edges with ink and popped the squares up on a larger mat layer.  I also popped up the sentiment rectangle after sponging the edges with ink.  To step things up further I added clear Wink of Stella pen to the flower parts so there's a lovely shimmery sparkle.


Here's the two cards side by side.


Here's a closer look where you might just be able to see the shimmer!


Here's the inside and envelope. 


For the second card I've used an Altenew poppy stamp set that came free with a magazine.  I'm ashamed to say that I've had the magazine for a few months but hadn't read it let alone used the stamps!  I stamped the solid background image in Poppy Parade ink, the detailed portion in Real Red ink and then the outline and centre image in VersaFine Onyx Black ink which I also used to stamp the sentiment.  I used a die from the SU! 'Switched So Sweetly' die set to cut out a pretty scalloped rectangle and I popped that up over a black CS panel placed on the card front on the wonk.  To finish off the front I added three gold sequins.


Here's the inside and envelope.


For the final card I used some very striking patterned paper which is from the SU! 'See a Silhouette' DSP pack. This card measures 5 1/4" square.  I matted the patterned paper onto a layer of Night of Navy CS and then popped up the pretty sentiment label shape.  I punched a flower using the SU! 'Small Bloom' punch from Poppy Parade CS, shaped it, glued it to the label and added a rhinestone jewel to the centre.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


It was a lovely afternoon and I really do hope all the ladies stay safe and well and that it won't be too long before we can resume our card group meetings!

Supplies for hydrangea card:
Stamps: SU! 'Beautiful Friendship' & 'Perennial Birthday' set
CS: SU! Gorgeous Grape, Old Olive & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Gorgeous Grape & Old Olive
Tools: Sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! clear Wink of Stella pen, Dimensionals


Supplies for poppy card:
Stamps: Altenew 'Layered Poppy' set, free with issue 194 of Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine, SU! 'Birthday Blooms' set
CS: SU! Poppy Parade, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Petal Passion' DSP
Ink: SU! Poppy Parade, Real Red, VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: SU! 'Stitched So Sweetly' die set
Embellishments & accessories: gold sequins, SU! Dimensionals


Supplies for square small bloom card:
Stamps: SU! 'Sending You Thoughts' & 'Lots of Happy' sets
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Poppy Parade & Whisper White thick

Patterned paper: SU! 'See a Silhouette' DSP
Ink: SU! Night of Navy
Tools: SU! 'Stitched So Sweetly' die set, 'Small Bloom' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth



No comments:

01 09 10