Wednesday 8 April 2020

Floral Embroidery Hoop Decor Item

Towards the back of the Stampin' Up! 2020 mini catalogue on page 66 there is a 'One Concept Four Ways' article, it's great.  The article has five different projects and shows how to make a card, gift package, decor item and a scrapbook page within each project using a variety of SU! products. One of the items on the page is a decorated embroidery hoop made using gorgeous papers from the 'See a Silhouette' pack of DSP.  It really caught my eye and I've wanted to have a go at making one myself for ages.  As I'm on holiday from work this week I had some time to get in the craft room.

I was on a video call with my friend Lesley and I told her I was going to make it and she suggested adding bees to it, well what a great idea!  After fussy cutting flowers and leaves I placed them on the hoop using glue dots.  I then sandwiched clear monofilament thread between stamped and die cut bees and adhered the thread behind the flowers.


Here's a closer look at the bees.  I coloured the stripes with a dark Mango Melody Stampin' Blends pen and added shimmer to the wings with some clear Wink of Stella.


What a happy project to work on and a very cheerful item to have hanging up in our living room!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Honey Bee' set
CS: none

Patterned paper: SU! 'See a Silhouette' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Dark Mango Melody Stampin' Blends marker
Tools: SU! Paper Snips for fussy cutting
Embellishments & accessories: embroidery hoop clear monofilament thread, SU! glue dots, clear Wink of Stella pen

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10