Wednesday 29 April 2020

Best Dressed Step Panel Birthday Card & Money Envelope

Fun with fussy cutting for this birthday card for my lovely friend Lesley!  I knew I wanted to use images cut out of some SU! 'Best Dressed' DSP so firstly I just sat and did a heap of fussy cutting. I roughly cut out the images and adhered them to Whisper White regular CS before fussy cutting the images.  Secondly I made a step panel card and then it was assembly time.  It took ages to decide on where to place the images!  After making the card and decorating the envelope I made a small square envelope to hold some money.  Here's everything together.


Here's the step panel card.   I used a gold shimmer pen to add some shine to the purse clasp and the 'Parfum' bottle.  Some pieces are glued flat but I popped up a few images and the sentiment banner.  I added a champagne rhinestone jewel to the bow on the handbag to finish the front.


Here's a side view of the card to show the construction.  I love these fancy fold cards as they fold flat to go inside an envelope.


Here's the back of the card and envelope.


Here's the front of the envelope and the small square money envelope.


The papers in the SU! 'Best Dressed' DSP pack are some of the prettiest I've seen and it was a total joy to be in my craft room creating this birthday ensemble for a special friend!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Perennial Birthday' set
CS: SU! Lovely Lipstick, Mint Macaron & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Best Dressed' 6" x 6" DSP pack
Ink: SU! Lovely Lipstick
Tools: SU! 'Decorative Label', 'Banner' & 'Label Me Fancy' punches, 'Stitched So Sweetly' die set, Simply Scored, Envelope Punch Board, Sizzix  'Card, Square Flip Its' die set,
Embellishments & accessories: SU! champagne rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals, Tonic Studios Nuvo 'Midas Touch' Aqua Shimmer Pen

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10