Sunday 3 May 2020

Rosy Anniversary Card

It seems people are having a hard time getting greetings cards during the Coronavirus lockdown.  A colleague at work asked me to make a 3rd wedding anniversary card for him to give to his wife and I was very happy to fulfil the request!

I used my MFT 'Blueprints 14' die set and one of the suggested sketch layouts - the bottom left one.  Having a layout to use really makes a card come together quickly and easily. 


Pink and green is a much favoured colour combo of mine and I've used SU! Lovely Lipstick, Blushing Bride and Granny Apple Green colours.  The pretty rose stamps are from the Clearly Besotted 'English Rose' multi step stamping set.  For the flowers I used Blushing Bride ink for the solid layer, stamped off once Lovely Lipstick ink for the next layer and full strength Lovely Lipstick ink for the final detailed layer. For the leaves I used Soft Seafoam ink for the solid layer, stamped off once Granny Apple Green ink for the next layer and full strength Granny Apple Green ink for the final detailed layer.

I used a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to accurately position the stamped sentiment, fussy cut the leaves and roses and popped the roses up.  I added Granny Apple Green ribbon to the Lovely Lipstick mat layer before adhering that to the Blushing Bride layer which I adhered to a 5 1/2" square white card base.  To complete the front I added three Glitter Enamel Dots.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  The three Blushing Bride hearts were cut out using the retired SU! 'Owl Builder' punch. 


Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted 'English Rose' set, SU! 'Memorable Moments' set, Apple Blossom 'Wavy Sentiments' set
CS: SU! Blushing Bride, Lovely Lipstick & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Blushing Bride, Granny Apple Green, Lovely Lipstick & Soft Seafoam
Tools: MFT 'Blueprints 14' die set,  SU! 'Owl Builder' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Granny Apple Green ribbon, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10