Tuesday 12 May 2020

Tulips Thank You Card

Some friends sent me some gorgeous, bright and cheery flowers, it was such a lovely surprise!  I wanted to send a thank you card to let them know their kindness really touched my heart.  I based my card on a sample shown on page 67 of the SU! Jan - June 2020 mini catalogue.  I noticed the card a while back because of the striking colours and attractive layout.

I embossed a panel of Pool Party CS with the SU! 'Subtle' embossing folder and glued that to the front of an A6 sized Pool Party card base.  I die cut the Pool Party gingham  stitched rectangle and punched the Blackberry Bliss flagged banner and glued those in place.  I've had the 'Timeless Tulips' stamp set for a while but hadn't got round to inking it up.  I used Mossy Meadow ink for the stems and leaves and I stamped the tulips in Blackberry Bliss, Flirty Flamingo and Mango Melody inks.  I was convinced I'd ordered the matching 'Tulip Builder' punch but after searching my craft room to no avail I had to fussy cut my tulips and leaves!  I popped up the three tulips and the sentiment and added three rhinestone jewels to finish the card front.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  I stamped the large tulip first on the white panel for inside the card, stamped it again on a post it note, cut out the post it note tulip which I used as a mask and I then stamped the two smaller tulips.  I stamped the sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink onto a scrap of Pool Party CS, die cut the label, glued it in place and added two rhinestone jewels to the label.  I stamped the stem on the envelope flap, stamped the tulip and two leaves on a piece of Whisper White CS, fussy cut them and glued them in place.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Timeless Tulips' & 'Timeless Tropical' sets, Hero Arts 'Sending You Love' set
CS: SU! Blackberry Bliss, Pool Party & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Subtles' 6" x 6" DSP pack
Ink: SU! Blackberry Bliss, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody & Mossy Meadow
Tools: SU! 'Subtle' embossing folder, 'Stitched So Sweetly' & 'Stitched Rectangles' die sets, 'Triple Banner' punch, Hero Arts 'Small Tag Frame' die set
Embellishments & accessories: post it note, SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10