Thursday 14 May 2020

Poppies Thank You Card

This is a card design and layout I got from one of Dena Rekow's April Facebook Live classes.  It's a simple design but it's a great layout and has a bold, graphic look I think.  I had a great time making it anyway!

The SU! 'Abstract Impressions' set has only recently been added to my stash as I wasn't sure I liked it enough from just seeing it in the catalogue and seeing cards made with it.  It's definitely one of those sets that you need to stamp with - now I've inked the stamps up I'm totally sold and wish I'd have got the set earlier!  I stamped the greenery first using two stamps and Granny Apple Green ink - full strength and stamped off once.  Then I stamped the flower cluster image a few times using full strength and stamped off once Poppy Parade ink.  I then cut my Whisper White piece into three panels, popped them up on the card base and stamped, heat embossed and die cut the sentiment rectangle.  I used a black Glaze pen to add glossy black dots to the flower centres to make them into poppies.  I added three rhinestone jewels to complete the card front.


Here's a closer look at the glossy poppy centres.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Abstract Impressions' set
CS: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Granny Apple Green & Poppy Parade, VersaMark, black Gelly Roll Glaze pen
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Rectangles' die set, circle punches, heat tool
Embellishments & accessories: SU! white embossing powder, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10