Monday 25 May 2020

Bee Celebrate Every Moment Birthday Card

Dena Rekow has set us members of her May Facebook class a challenge - to make a card using half a sheet of CS as a card base and four strips of patterned paper - two measuring 1/2" x 4 1/2" and two measuring 1/2" x 3 1/2".  Dena has used this as one of her May class layouts and I'm so looking forward to seeing her design as I found this really challenging!  It took quite a while for me to settle on a layout I was happy with!

I chose to use some Golden Honey DSP, cut the strips, decided on a landscape oriented design and made an A6 sized Basic Black card base.  I glued my patterned paper strips and then cut out the honeycomb piece, the bee and the sentiment rectangle.  I took a few honeycomb pieces out of the die cut shape, glued that in place and added the sentiment label.  I used Vegas Gold Shimmer Paint to add colour to the bee stripes, shaped the wings a bit and glued the bee in place.  I'd butted up the patterned paper strips and I decided they would have looked better with a gap between them.  I cut narrow black CS strips and glued those in place - a definite improvement!


I glued three hexagons taken from the honeycomb die cut around the sentiment and I used my envelope punch board to make a patterned paper envelope.  I die cut a 'Stitched So Sweetly' rectangle as an address label and added a stamped bee.  Again, I coloured the bee stripes with Vegas Gold Shimmer Paint.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Honey Bee' & 'Simply Sketched' sets
CS: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White, Gold Foil Sheet

Patterned paper: SU! 'Golden Honey' DSP
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: SU! 'Detailed Bee' & 'Stitched So Sweetly' die sets, envelope punch board
Embellishments & accessories: Vegas Gold Shimmer Paint & paintbrush

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10