Tuesday 26 May 2020

Postage Panel Trio Birthday Card

Getting the new annual Stampin' Up! catalogue is always exciting and the first few times I go through it I'm all about checking out the products.  A couple of days ago I was looking at the catalogue again and I realised card designs were popping out at me - there are some great card samples in this catalogue!

A card on page 5 of the catalogue which showcases a rectangular postage stamp punch really stood out for me.  There are three punched shapes popped up over a vellum layer and there's a yellow sentiment strip torn at the ends.  I know I will buy the punch but until I do I remembered I had a die that cuts out various sizes of postage stamp shapes so I dug that out and was able to replicate the card.  I can make cards on the fly but sometimes I find I waste a lot of time figuring out placement etc and I end up frustrated and crabby.  For me, having a layout and design to work from is SO helpful and I'm able to create a card so much quicker and I'm happier with that!

I used the Positive Thoughts stamp set which I think is one of the best sets ever - gorgeous images!  My fresh colour combo is Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody, Whisper White and a hint of Early Espresso for stamping the sentiments. I popped up the postage stamp rectangles, added three Glitter Enamel Dots and my final touch for the card front was a spritz of Champagne Mist shimmer spray.


The shimmer mist is so hard to capture in a photo but I did try!  The card really sparkles when light catches it.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Positive Thoughts' & 'Perennial Birthday' sets
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight & Whisper White, vellum CS
Ink: SU! Bermuda Bay, Early Espresso, Granny Apple Green & Mango Melody
Tools: Memory Box 'Postage Set' die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Glitter Enamel Dots, Champagne Mist shimmer spray, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10