Sunday 10 May 2020

Two Mint & Suede Daisy Cards

I enjoyed a lovely play in my craft room yesterday afternoon.  After making the first daisy card I just carried on and made a second while all the supplies were out on my desk!  Mint Macaron and Soft Suede look great together I think and my starting point was the pretty patterned paper I used.

Here are both of the cards together.


Here is the A6 sized card.  I stamped the sentiment first then glued the patterned paper to the Soft Suede CS mat layer.  I then applied the faux suede technique to a strip of Soft Suede CS and glued it in place. To get the faux suede look run a bone folder all over the CS several times and in all directions until the fibres are loosened and you can peel the CS apart in two layers.   It's a 'Dena trick' I've picked up since taking part in Dena Rekow's Facebook Live classes.  

This card features another 'Dena trick' which is spritzing using an SU! Stampin' Write marker.  You flick the brush end of the marker hard against the inside of the cap and the end result is a fine spritz pattern.  Before the spritzing I stamped and punched the daisy and once I'd assembled the daisy I realised it would look better and less busy to separate the daisy from the patterned paper background.  I didn't really want a solid mat layer so I used vellum CS which gives a softer option - I glued two die cut vellum circles together and glued the daisy in the centre.


Here's a closer look at the faux suede strip - it gives just a subtle bit of texture.


Here's the inside of the card and the front of the envelope.


I had the 4" square piece of patterned paper sitting on my desk and I decided it would look better on a 5 1/4" square card rather than an A6 sized card.  I adhered the panel centrally to the card after gluing the paper to a mat layer of Soft Suede CS. I stamped the two daisies in VersaMark on watercolour paper, heat embossed with white embossing powder and punched them out.  I used an Aquapainter and inks to add some colour - Soft Suede for the centre and Mint Macaron ink for the petal edges.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment, created a flagged banner and glued it in place.  I glued the daisy and then tucked the die cut textured leaves underneath the daisy to complete the card front.


Here's a closer look at the daisy and textured die cut leaves.

 
Here's the inside of the card and the envelope flap.


Nothing is popped up on the two cards, I wanted the elements to be flat for ease of posting.  These cards will be sent as RAKs (Random Acts of Kindness) to ladies in the U.S.A. The square card is going to a fellow customer service retail worker - I know myself how hard that role can be at the moment and how nice it will be to receive some encouragement!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Daisy Delight', 'Petal Palette', 'Rooted in Nature' & 'Positive Thoughts' sets
CS: SU! Mint Macaron, Soft Suede, & Whisper White thick, vellum CS, watercolour paper

Patterned paper: SU! 'Garden Lane' DSP
Ink: SU! Mint Macaron, Soft Suede, VersaMark
Tools: SU! 'Daisy' & 1/2" circle punches, 'Layering Circles', 'Nature's Roots' & 'Stitched Rectangles' die sets, MFT 'Fishtail Flags' Stax die set, heat tool, bone folder
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Aquapainter, white embossing powder

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10