Monday 18 May 2020

Colour Block Happy News One Layer Card

I watched Dena Rekow's May 11th Live video on replay a few days ago and she shared a fun tape ink transfer technique that I just had to try.  Dena makes the tape technique card at around the 1 hour 1 minute mark on the video if you want to fast forward to that part.  Basically, you use painter's tape to transfer ink from an inkpad to a piece of CS - easy, fun - and yes, a bit messy!

Recently I posted a couple of RAK cards to the U.S.A. and it cost more than I was expecting.  As this card was going as a RAK to America I decided to make a one layer card - it really did reduce the postage cost!  I started off with an SU! Whisper White notecard and I placed post it notes around the edges of the card to act as a mask.  I used some low tack tape which was 1" wide and I applied the stripes of colour by rubbing the tape onto an inkpad and then placing the inked tape on my card and rubbing the tape to transfer the colour inside the masked rectangle area.  I used Melon Mambo, Grapefruit Grove, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green and Bermuda Bay inks to create my stripes.

Once I'd finished the stripes I used a black pen to add a border around the rectangle and I stamped the sentiment.  I then placed post it notes all around the edges of the card again and I stamped the gorgeous flourish stamp from the 'Flourishing Phrases' stamp set twice.  You can't tell from the photo but I embellished by spritzing the whole card front with Champagne Mist shimmer spray so the card is super sparkly when it catches the light.


Just simple black ink stamping to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope. 


Despite my incredibly inky fingers as a result of making this card I was quite chuffed at how it turned out!  This card is going to a lady that has just become a grandmother for the first time.  Hope she likes it as much as I enjoyed creating it!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Flourishing Phrases' & 'Abstract Impressions' sets
CS: SU! Whisper White notecard & envelope
Ink: SU! Melon Mambo, Grapefruit Grove, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green & Bermuda Bay, VersaFine Onyx Black, Letraset fine writing pen
Embellishments & accessories: low tack masking tape, post it notes, SU! Champagne Mist shimmer spray

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10