Sunday 24 May 2020

Wobble Spring Rudolph Merriest Christmas Wishes Card

Because gatherings are not happening at the moment our Slimming World group is meeting virtually with a weekly Zoom video call.  During one meeting we were talking about keeping ourselves occupied and combating boredom during lockdown.  I said that wasn't an issue for me because of my card making hobby and I went on to say that I might get a few Christmas cards made.  One lady said "ooh make me one, I love reindeer" - so here is Lisa's reindeer Christmas card!

I embossed a square of white CS with the Liane Creatief 'Snowflakes Background' embossing folder, added some Granny Apple Green ribbon and glued the panel to the front of a 5 3/4" square Real Red card base.  I stamped Rudolph and the background scene images using Memento Rich Cocoa ink and I added colour with SU! Stampin' Blends alcohol markers.  I glued the image panel to a mat layer of Granny Apple Green CS, popped that up, fussy cut Rudolph, mounted him on a wobble action spring and attached him to the front of the image panel.  I die cut a sentiment label and added two red Glitter Enamel Dots.


Here's the inside of the card.  I thought the teeny tiny heart die cuts were ideal to use with the 'smiles & love' sentiment!  The tiny heart die comes with the SU! 'Well Written' die set - I was so careful while using it as it could so easily get lost!


I stamped snowflakes all over the envelope flap.


A few snowflakes were stamped on the front of the envelope too and I also added a die cut name label with more Glitter Enamel Dots.


Well, that's one Christmas card added to the box, I'm hoping to add lots more but let's see how that goes!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hobby Art 'Santa's Reindeer' set, SU! 'Dashing Deer', 'Frosted Foliage' & 'Greatest Part of Christmas' sets
CS: SU! Real Red, Granny Apple Green & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, SU! Pool Party, SU! Stampin' Blends alcohol markers
Tools: Leane Creatief 'Snowflakes Background' embossing folder, SU! 'Stitched Rectangles' & 'Well Written' die sets, Spellbinders 'Label Trio'  & 'Grommet Tags' die sets
Embellishments & accessories: wobble action spring, SU! Granny Apple Green Texture Weave ribbon, Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10