Monday 4 May 2020

Butterflies Rainbow Card

Here is a card I made for a challenge set by Dena Rekow in her April 2020 Facebook class.  Dena asked us to make a card using a rainbow colour scheme.  That's guaranteed to result in a happy card - and we all need some happy during these Coronavirus lockdown times!

I used the 'smudge' stamp from the SU! 'Label Me Bold' stamp set and stamped that six times in a row using different colour inks - Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Granny Apple Green, Pacific Point and Gorgeous Grape.  It's very important to clean the stamp between inkings!  I then used a 'Stitched Rectangle' die to cut out the white panel, I added some black baker's twine tied in a bow and glued the white panel to a mat layer of black CS.  I stamped the butterfly in black ink on the six colours of CS, punched them out, shaped the wings and glued the butterflies in place.  After stamping the sentiment I added a Dena signature touch - I spritzed the card using a black marker.  To finish the front I embellished each butterfly with a small faceted gem - they're iridescent which carries on the rainbow theme nicely!


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope decorated with more colourful butterflies.


I really enjoyed spending time in my craft room creating this card.  The other ladies that took part in the challenge shared some lovely cards with the class group and it made me so happy to see such beautiful rainbow cards! 


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Label Me Bold', 'Butterfly Gala' & 'Rooted In Nature' sets
CS: SU! Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Granny Apple Green, Pacific Point, Gorgeous Grape & Whisper White (regular & thick)
Ink: SU! Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Granny Apple Green, Pacific Point & Gorgeous Grape, Basic Black marker, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Rectangles' die set, 'Butterfly Duet' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! black baker's twine & 'From My Heart' faceted gems

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10