Wednesday 20 May 2020

Cheery Floral Happy Birthday Card

One of my card group ladies, the lovely Sue, celebrated her birthday this week and this is the card I made for her.  I've based my card on one that Dena Rekow designed last year with the SU! 'Beautiful Friendship' stamp set (the YouTube video is HERE).

Now I have to admit I didn't get great stamping results following the way Dena and Sara stamped in the video (they die cut a separate label and adhered it over the top of the white panel with low tack tape before stamping the images).  I tried that a couple of times and I got big gaps between the label and the CS layer which I wasn't happy about.  So I die cut the label out of the white layer, nestled the label back in place, did the stamping (hooray, no gaps!) and then popped the label up.  You can just see a hint of the black CS layer where the label is popped up.  A different approach but the design is more or less the same.

After I'd wrapped the ribbon around the panel I glued it to the front of the Coastal Cabana A6 sized card base.  I recently ordered the the 'Well Written' set of word dies and as I placed the dies onto a magnetic sheet to go inside a clear wallet I noticed the small pretty butterfly die included in the set. The addition of a pretty butterfly to a floral card is always a good thing and I decided to do that here!  The die cuts an outline butterfly but I've found that if you die cut two layers of CS together the little pieces remain intact in the shape so I then cut a black outline butterfly and glued that over the top of the Coastal Cabana shape with the pieces still inside - fab eh?!  I added three small rhinestone jewels to the butterfly to finish the front.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  It was so enjoyable stamping all that prettiness - although I did have a lot of stamps to clean and a lot of blocks to put away!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Beautiful Friendship' & 'Perennial Birthday' sets
CS: SU! Coastal Cabana, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody & Melon Mambo, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Nested Labels' & 'Well Written' die sets
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Basic Black ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10