Friday 8 May 2020

Lighthouse Hope Card

Here is a card I made for a friend who has gone through a tough time.  I wanted to send her a card with an encouraging and positive message and the sentiments I've used from the SU! 'High Tide' and 'Positive Thoughts' sets seemed ideal.

I stamped my scene on a large piece of Whisper White CS and then trimmed the panel to size when I'd finished.  The panel ended up being a peculiar size and didn't look right on a standard A6 sized card base so I made a custom sized card (4 1/8" x 5 3/8").  I used an Inkylicious 'Mountain Valley, Sun/Moon' stencil and mask set to create the sun - applying So Saffron, Mango Melody and Calypso Coral inks with oval make up brushes.  I used another brush to apply Pool Party ink as the sky.  After stamping the sea I used a clear Wink of Stella pen over it to add some shimmer.  I matted the stamped panel on a layer of Night of Navy CS and glued that to the card front.



I stamped a mini scene on the inside and added a sentiment.  As I'd ended up with a non standard sized card I decided to make an envelope from Pool Party CS.  I decorated the flap with a stamped scene circle element.


A couple of dies from the SU! 'Stitched So Sweetly' die set gave me a name label for the front of the envelope.


Mood when done - highly satisfied with how the card turned out!  

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'High Tide' & 'Positive Thoughts' sets
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Pool Party & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Balmy Blue, Calypso Coral, Mango Melody, Night of Navy, Old Olive,Pool Party, Sahara Sand & So Saffron
Tools: SU! 'Stitched So Sweetly' dies, SU! envelope punch board, SU! circle punches, Inkylicious 'Mountain/Valley, Sun/Moon' stencil & mask set, oval make up brushes
Embellishments & accessories: SU! clear Wink of Stella pen

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10