Monday 18 January 2021

Blue Butterfly Best Wishes Card

Recently I saw these lovely cards made by Barb Mullikin using the SU! 'A Touch of Ink' Sale-A-Bration set.  I decided to make my version of a blue butterfly card.

Here's the card and envelope together.


I used Seaside Spray CS for the card base and I embossed a panel of the same CS using the 'Old World Paper' 3D embossing folder. Wow, that folder gives a LOT of texture!  I got the navy plaid paper from the stack of 6" x 6" paper that came with the SU! mini paper trimmer.  I stamped the butterfly outline in Night of Navy ink and used stamped off once Seaside Spray ink for the solid fill.  The stamp set comes with a dotty image and I stamped that a few times on the butterfly in full strength Seaside Spray ink.  I love the beautiful font of the sentiment!  I added some Seaside Spray shimmer ribbon and popped up the 'Stitched So Sweetly' die cut rectangle.  As a finishing touch I spritzed Night of Navy ink over the rectangle from a marker.


Here's a closer look at the butterfly panel.


Here's the inside of the card.  I used the leaf stamps from the set to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope.


Here's the envelope.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'A Touch of Ink' set
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Seaside Spray & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! navy plaid paper
Ink: SU! Night of Navy & Seaside Spray, Night of Navy Stamp 'n Write marker
Tools: SU! 'Old World Paper' 3D embossing folder, 'Stitched So Sweetly' die set, circle punches 
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Seaside Spray shimmer ribbon, Dimensionals 

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10