Tuesday 20 October 2009

Poinsettia Trio Card - November 2009 Card Group Project

This is another card I made on Messy Day. I learned how to make the poinsettias using the SU! 5 Petal Flower punch from Joanne last year. You punch the flower, snip the petals a little deeper and then use a DEET tool on a moulding mat to add the veining. You then use the large end of an embossing stylus in the centre of each flower, using a circular motion, to pop up the flower a bit. Joanne's original card can be seen here - the page will open in a new window.

I've used a new Cuttlebug folder on this card - the 5" x 7" Holly Ribbons folder, I love that it's a bit bigger than the usual folders and that you can cut out strips from the design! The sentiment oval is popped up. This is one of the cards we'll be making at my November card group meeting.



And here's a close up pic of the poinsettias:




Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts DesignBlock Flourish, sentiment from SU! Best Yet set
CS: SU! Whisper White, Ruby Red & Old Olive
Ink: SU! Old Olive
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, SU! 5 Petal Flower punch, SU! plain oval punch, DEET tool & moulding mat, Cuttlebug 5" x 7" Holly Ribbons embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: Gold sequins, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is awesome! I am impressed that you take the time to do each petal, and what an effect it makes. I will have to try this out on a day that I have patience!! :D
That folder is lovely, too.

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Ruth. I love the way you added the sequins to the middle. Really great holiday card.

01 09 10