Monday 27 February 2012

Brickwork, Bunting & Butterfly Window Congratulations Card

Zoë is a lovely lady who comes to Joanne's SU! make and take evenings, she's a teacher and she's been studying and working very hard to achieve a masters degree.  Zoë passed and this is the card I made to congratulate her on her academic achievement - and if that's not a reason to hang out the bunting I don't know what is!

I made a 5" x 7" card base from Pool Party CS and used my fab new window die again - I am loving this  window die and it's perfect paired with the brick embossing folder.  I went through my papers to find some suitable wallpaper and I settled on this flowery design from the SU! Domestic Goddess DSP pack.  For this card I've added acetate behind the window frame to resemble glass although you can't tell that from the photo.  The window is popped up.  I thought it would be great fun to add some celebratory bunting!  After stamping and punching the pennants I pierced holes in the triangles and threaded them onto a length of linen thread so I got a hanging banner.  Before gluing the brickwork panel to the card, I pierced holes at the sides so I could push the thread through the holes to attach the banner and I taped the ends of the thread behind the brick panel.  I added a tiny dab of glue just at the top of both the left and right pennants to keep them in place on the wall but I left the centre pennant free to dangle.  I knew I wanted to use that gorgeous 'Congratulations' stamp from the Swirls & Curls Verses set and after I'd stamped it I used a square punch on one end to make a flag shape and I popped it up.  Seeing the butterfly on the sentiment prompted me to add a butterfly to the window frame.  I used a clear Sakura StarDust pen to add sparkle to my butterflies and the die cut one on the window also got a rhinestone jewel.



Here's the inside and the envelope featuring more Pool Party patterned papers from the Domestic Goddess pack with some Island Indigo punched borders.  I wanted to use the 'so happy for you' sentiment as I am so happy for Zoë that all her determination, dedication and hard work paid off.  I was chuffed when I realised the wording fitted in the oblong frame from my Hero Arts Luscious Frames set!  I couldn't resist adding the butterfly with a trail to keep the butterfly theme going!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Pennant Parade & So Happy For You sets, Hero Arts Luscious Frames clear set
CS: SU! Pool Party, Island Indigo & Whisper White, Core'dinations Cream 'n Sugar, acetate
Patterned paper: SU! Domestic Goddess DSP
Ink: SU! Early Espresso, Island Indigo & Pool Party
Tools: Creative Expressions Brick embossing folder, Poppystamps Grand Madison Window die, SU! Petite Pennants builder punch, 1 1/4" square punch, 1/2" circle punch, & Eyelet Border punch, Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper, SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, paper piercing tool
Embellishments & accessories: Sakura clear StarDust pen, SU! rhinestone jewel, SU! linen thread, SU! Designer Sanding Block, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruth I have just come to your site via the SCS link you left. That is a lovely card - beautiful inside and out:)

Just read the names of your cats - used to be a member of the Tingha and Tucker club!!!! Now that dates me :)
regards Lynn x

Margaret said...

Love the little 'peek' inside the window! This is a fabulous card and I really like the brick wall! Fantastic technique!

01 09 10