Wednesday 29 February 2012

Three Tree Christmas Cards - 52 CCT Challenge

This week's challenge at the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Challenge blog the challenge is to use stickers and/or rub-ons.  I knew I had some Christmas sentiment rub-ons lurking around somewhere but I wasn't sure about stickers.  Anyway, a good old rootle in my Christmas stash box produced some sheets of parcel stickers and some My Mind's Eye glittered chipboard shape stickers - I was all set to go!  I couldn't decide whether to use the parcel stickers or the glittered shapes so I used both and made 3 cards.  That's the thing about stickers, they're fast and easy!

This first card uses the parcel stickers.  My friend Debbie got these from Tesco after Christmas in their sale and she gave me a couple of packs - about 2 years ago - so it's about time they were used!  I put the stickers onto CS, cut out the tree shaped one and punched out the sentiment circle one.  I cut a tad off the side of my Baja Breeze side opening A6 landscape card and added a red punched border and a snowflake embossed strip.  I decided to punch a part circle in the mat panel for my sentiment circle to nestle into and I've popped up the tree and sentiment.  I've added a few blue gems to the tree to finish off the front.


More stickers inside the card - again I put the stickers onto CS and cut them out - and I popped the gift up.  For the envelope flap though I just peeled and stuck the sticker straight down.


Then I made 2 quick CAS cards using glittered chipboard tree stickers and sentiment rub-ons.  For the larger square card I added some silver fabric snowflake trim that I bought half price at a garden centre after Christmas.  It is lovely but very fiddly to glue down when you want it in a line - I snipped off some individual flakes and they were much easier to glue!  I added some aqua gems and rounded the top right corner.


Then I made a small square card where as well as the sticker and rub-on I added some gingham ribbon, punched snowflakes and blue gems.  I used a white rub-on for this card and die cut a frame from black CS.


I stamped the same snowflake cluster and sentiment stamp inside both cards.  I also stamped the snowflakes on the envelope flap but I haven't taken a photo.



Supplies for blue tree card:
Stamps: none
CS: SU! Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red & Crumb Cake
 Ink: none
Tools: Rectangle Nestabilities dies, Craft Tonic 'Dotty Border' border punch, Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: blue gems, 3d foam pads


Supplies for CAS glitter tree cards:
Stamps: PSX Snowflake Medley, sentiment from Penny Black

CS: Square white card blanks, SU! Basic Black,
Ink: Broken China Tim Holtz Distress ink, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: My Mind's Eye silver glittered chipboard shape stickers, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, Woodware small snowflake punch, Hero Arts 'Small Tag Frame' Frame Cuts die, rub-on tool
Embellishments & accessories: Pebbles Inc. black & white Merry Christmas rub-ons, silver fabric snowflake trim, gingham ribbon, blue & aqua gems



Photobucket

3 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Oh my gosh, Ruth! These are absolutely amazing!!! I really like your sticker tree!!! Fabulous--all of them! :) Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Jacqueline said...

A wonderful array of Christmas cards Ruth - thanks for joining in again at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

Karen said...

Great ideas!

01 09 10