Wednesday 15 February 2012

Flower Circle Frame Hello Card

I've been using the frames and sentiments from my Hero Arts Luscious Frames set for the insides of my cards and I thought it was about time I let one of the stamps shine on the front of a card.  I was inspired by this lovely card I saw on Pinterest.  I really love the colour combo Lisa used but I decided to stick to a white card base this time.  I'll try a kraft and turquoise combo another time though, it looks fab!  I also love Lisa's perfect piercing around part of the circle and I know for certain mine wouldn't turn out anything like that so I'm happy to admire it but omit the piercing LOL!

I love mixing new items with older stuff from my stash and I first stamped a background with an old SU! background stamp called Fern Lace.  US background stamps are not an ideal fit for our A6 sized cards so I cut the height of the card down to 5 1/2" after stamping the background.  If I'd thought a bit beforehand I could have stamped the background twice and covered the join with my CS strip and then I needn't have cut down the card.  Hey ho, something to bear in mind for next time!  I added a wide strip of Early Espresso CS and a decorative punched Melon Mambo border.  I stamped the circle frame in Lucky Limeade ink and fussy cut it out.  I stamped the flowers in Melon Mambo ink and I cut the flowers out with circle punches.  I added rhinestones to the flower centres and popped a few flowers up. 

 I stamped a frame and sentiment from the set inside the card.  For the envelope I used another new Hero Arts clear set (Stencil Art) - I stamped once in Limeade, again in Melon Mambo and cut out the Melon Mambo flowers and glued them over the top of the Limeade vine.



I have always loved the look of this Stencil Art set and could picture that gorgeous vine decorating the front of an envelope.  I've picked the set up so many times on my trips to the Glitter Pot but always put it back as £13.95 seemed a lot to pay for a set to just decorate envelopes with LOL!  I couldn't picture what else I could do with it.  Yes, I know you're surprised, but I actually do sometimes show restraint when it comes to buying stamps LOL!  Well, recently I saw the set for sale on Etsy for $6.99 and with shipping it came to a tad over $10 (£6.49) so I snapped it up!  Once I received the set I realised it co-ordinates with a Hero Arts stamp/die combo set I have plus a Hero Arts background stamp I have - yay, I'm well chuffed!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Luscious Frames & Stencil Art clear sets, SU! Fern Lace background stamp
CS: PaperMania A6 white card blank, SU! Early Espresso, Melon Mambo & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Lucky Limeade, Melon Mambo & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! Eyelet Border punch, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Basic Rhinestones, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

2 comments:

Migdalia said...

Absolutely Beautiful!
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

Gorgeous frame and I love the colors you used! The background is wonderful and you did a fabulous job with the envelope too!

01 09 10