Thursday 20 December 2012

Robin Just For You Money Holder Card With Crimped Pouch

I bought our friend Alan a couple of little gifts that I've wrapped up but I also wanted to give him some money so he can choose something for himself.  I've made a 12 cms square card with a pocket inside so I have somewhere to tuck a bank note. 

I bought the 'Christmas Robins' set a while back but hadn't used it yet and I decided it was high time I inked up the podgy robin from the set.  I stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with Early Espresso embossing powder.  I stamped on different coloured CS and paper pieced the robin.  I added Star Dust Stickles to the hat and used glittered dome stickers for the hat pom pom and the mistletoe berries.  After stamping the 'just for you' I popped up the robin and added small black gems for his eyes.


Here's the inside with the pocket, a sentiment label and some popped up holly leaves.  I used red Stickles for the berries.


Here's the crimped pouch that holds the money holder card.  The pouch was made from an envelope for a 5" x 7" card.  You seal the envelope, cut off the top and then run the larger envelope piece through the crimper - making sure you have the open side at the side as it goes through the crimper.  This ensures that the envelope shrinks widthwise which means the smaller piece can fit over the top of it as a lid for the pouch.  Rounding the corners of the large crimped piece helps the lid fit on better too!  I die cut a label and sponged the edges with Riding Hood Red ink.  I then stamped and fussy cut holly, popped the leaves up and added red pearls as berries.


Supplies:
Stamps: Hobby Art 'Christmas Robins' clear set, 'just for you' from SU! Precious Butterflies set, holly from Woodware 'Christmas Date' clear stamp, 'Merry Christmas' from SU! Wacky Wishes set
CS: SU! Riding Hood Red, Lucky Limeade, Chocolate Chip & Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark & SU! Riding Hood Red, Lucky Limeade & Chocolate Chip
Tools: SU! Apothecary Accents Framelits die, paper crimper, 3/4" circle punch, corner rounder punch, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: Star Dust & Xmas Red Stickles, red pearls, glittered dome stickers, 3D foam tape


Photobucket

1 comment:

Michelle Short said...

Love your money holder Ruth and a lovely idea too. Thank you so much for my Christmas card too, I love it and thank you for the gift, I won't open till Christmas Day but I'm sure I will love it, thank you! Have a great Christmas xx

01 09 10