Monday 15 April 2013

Doily & Butterfly Thank You Card For Jan & Alan

It was my birthday last Sunday and I am very happy to report that I received some fabulous new crafty goodies as gifts!  Part of my gift from Jan and Alan was the Papillon Potpourri stamp set and the Elegant Butterfly punch.  Part of hubby's gift to me was the Hello, Doily stamp and the Blooming with Kindness set.  I managed to combine all of those new goodies onto this thank you card for Jan and Alan! 

I stamped the doily in Pool Party ink, cut the white panel to size and layered onto a Rose Red mat.  I wrapped Rose Red seam binding ribbon around the panel, tied a bow and glued the panel to a 5 3/4" square Pool Party card base.  I then die cut a Rose Red middle sized doily using the Delicate Doilies Sizzlits die.  When I first got this die I cut the doilies out of white CS and this middle sized shape reminded me of one of those plughole strainer type things you place in a sink -  yeah, that really did put me off it!  I don't think I'll ever shake that association if I use white CS but I'm OK with this Rose Red one LOL!  I blame my mother-in-law who took delight in ordering all kinds of weird and wonderful things from Betterware and Kleeneze catalogues!  Anyway, back to the card - I glued a Pool Party circle behind the doily and popped that up.  I stamped and punched a butterfly, punched a Pool Party CS butterfly and layered the two shapes together with a fancy brad.  To finish the front I stamped the sentiment in Rose Red ink.



I stamped and die cut a sentiment label for inside the card and added a stamped and punched bitty butterfly.


I placed another label on the envelope flap and added a stamped, punched butterfly with jewels.  I enjoyed myself immensely making this card - doilies, butterflies and two fave SU! colours, I was a happy stamper!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Hello, Doily' stamp, 'Papillon Potpourri' & 'Blooming with Kindness' sets
CS: SU! Pool Party, Rose Red & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Pool Party & Rose Red
Tools: SU! Delicate Doilies Sizzlits L die, Elegant Butterfly & Bitty Butterfly punches, 1 3/4"circle punch, Apothecary Accents Framelits die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rose Red seam binding ribbon, Filigree Designer Brad, Rose Red brad, Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals 


 photo ButterflyFlutterRuth.gif

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Such a beautiful colour combination Ruth - these butterflies are cropping up every where and yours look fabulous - Jacqueline xx

01 09 10