Friday 26 April 2013

Dress Friend Shaped Card

You know I love my Dress Up Framelits dies and I also love shaped cards and I've happily combined both for this card.  My friend Jan purchased the Dress Up Framelits dies after I'd showed her the dress cards I'd made and gushed about how utterly fabulous the dies were.  I popped this card into her goodie bag to thank her for the SU! order, to show her a way of making a dress and also to show how great the Itty Bitty Buttons are for embellishing a dress!

I joined two Rich Razzleberry Window Frame die cut shapes together to form the card base and I cut a smidgen off the bottom so the card will stand up nicely for display.  I embossed the Marina Mist shape with the Fancy Fan embossing folder and popped the plain white circle up over the top.  I assembled the three parts of the dress - the dotty dress and the extra bodice and skirt pieces - and added a strip of Marina Mist CS as a belt.  I punched out a Marina Mist Itty Bitty flower and adhered it to a clear Itty Bitty Button with Crystal Effects, pierced holes and threaded a thin strip of  Razzleberry CS through the buttonholes and glued the button to the belt.  I tucked the 'friend' label behind the popped up dress.  I stamped and punched three buttons and stacked the stamped ones onto a couple more punched circles so the buttons had more dimension, pierced holes and threaded CS strips through the buttonholes and added the buttons to the card.  I added a touch of sparkle with some rhinestones to complete the front.


Here's the inside and the envelope with more stamped and punched buttons.  I am very happy to report that Jan is having a great time playing with her Dress Up dies, I knew she'd love them!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Sweet Essentials' & 'Button, Button' sets
CS: SU! Rich Razzleberry, Marina Mist & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! Polka Dot Parade DSP
Ink: SU! Rich Razzleberry & Marina Mist
Tools: SU! Window Frame & Dress Up Framelits dies, Fancy Fan embossing folder, Itty Bitty flower punch, Word Window punch, circle punches, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Itty Bitty Button, Crystal Effects, Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


 photo BagSwingRuth.gif

2 comments:

Danielle Vincent said...

This is AWESOME Ruth! I love how you are using that dress die. I have it but just haven't played with it much yet. Thanks for the inspiration you keep giving me. LOVE those colors together too.

Pia S said...

It's a great combination of bold colors and such a beautifully decorated card for a friend! I wouldn't mind having a spotted dress like that - lol. I like the shape of your card too.

01 09 10