Tuesday 23 April 2013

Dogwood Especially For You Birthday Card

When I opened my pack of SU! Natural Composition Specialty DSP I was very happy to see a floral design that matches a dogwood stamp I have in a Hero Arts set!  The design on the paper is raised and glossy which makes it perfect for ink resist so that's what I started with for this card.

I sponged Rich Razzleberry ink over the piece of DSP, wiped off the excess with paper towel, sponged the edges of the panel with a sponge dauber and layered onto a mat of Crumb Cake CS.   I added the Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon, layered onto a Razzleberry mat and glued that to the 5 1/4" Old Olive card base.  I stamped the image twice, once in Old Olive ink and once in Razzleberry ink, I die cut both images, cut out just the Razzleberry flowers, popped them up and then popped the whole image up onto the card.  I added a stamped and die cut butterfly and popped up the oval sentiment to finish off the front.  


I cut and sponged a Very Vanilla panel for inside the card.  I stamped the dogwood image onto a separate piece of Vanilla CS with Old Olive ink stamped off once, stamped the sentiment over the top, cut it out with an Apothecary Accents die, sponged the edges and added a stamped and die cut butterfly.  I stamped a Rich Razzleberry butterfly direct to the panel and then added a smaller Old Olive stamped and die cut butterfly.


To decorate the envelope I simply stamped Rich Razzleberry dogwood images on opposite corners of the front of the envelope.  I love flower stamps but I'm not always drawn to botanical images but there is just something about this dogwood image that I find really appealing.  Finding that the DSP in the pack matched the image was a real bonus!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Antique Flowers & Butterflies' stamp & die combo set, SU! 'Made for You' set
CS: SU! Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla

Patterned paper:  SU! Natural Composition Specialty DSP
Ink: SU! Old Olive & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: dies from Hero Arts 'Antique Flowers & Butterflies' stamp & die combo set, SU! Apothecary Accents Framelits die, SU! oval punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon, Dimensionals



 photo FlowerLetterRuth.gif

2 comments:

Rocky said...

Absolutely gorgeous card and I love the colours. The inside is just as pretty as the outside!

Danielle Vincent said...

Really love that stamp set Ruth and how you've used it to make such a gorgeous card. Hugs D

01 09 10