Thursday 20 March 2014

Sparkly Agapanthus Thinking Of You Card

I'm taking Angela and Janet along a heat embossing journey!  I've explained the different types of inks that are available and we've already covered using VersaMark ink and coloured opaque embossing powders.  With this card I've introduced them to using coloured pigment ink and a transparent embossing powder.  They made this card during a crafty afternoon a few weeks ago and I came across the card in my craft room a couple of days ago and realised I hadn't shared the card on my blog.

I started off by stamping the Agapanthus Cluster image with Lagoon Blue pigment ink and I heat embossed after sprinkling with SU! Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  I cut out the image with an oval die and popped it up on top of an Island Indigo Top Note die cut shape.  I stamped more flowers inside and on the envelope and heat embossed those with the sparkly powder too.  I also heat embossed the 'thinking of you' sentiment.  In my experience iridescent/holographic/rainbow embossing powders can be tricky, it can be hard to judge when they're cooked.  It's so easy to over heat and ruin your images so I was determined that my two pupils were going to get lots of practise during this lesson!  I completed the card front with die cut and punched flowers and placed pearls in the flower centres.


Here's a close up view which might show off the beautiful iridescent sparkle a wee bit better.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


Angela and Janet both enjoy heat embossing and they're keen to continue.  I decided their next lesson would feature the split negative technique using heat embossing.  I'll share those cards soon!

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampendous 'Agapanthus Cluster' cling stamp, SU! 'Curly Cute' set
CS: PaperMania A6 white card blank, SU! Island Indigo, Night of Navy & Whisper White
Ink: VersaColor Lagoon Blue pigment ink
Tools: Petite Oval Nestabilities die, SU! Top Note Bigz die, SU! Floral Fusion Sizzlits die, flower punch from SU! Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, heat tool
Embellishments & accessories:  SU! Iridescent Ice embossing powder, embossing buddy, pearl jewels, Dimensionals



 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10