Friday 13 May 2016

Ferns Just For You Card

We didn't see our friend Mike on his actual birthday but saw him a few days later so I made a 'Just for You' card rather than a 'Happy Birthday' card for him.  I bought the Tonic Studio 'Boudoir Square Base' die recently and I think it's really versatile, the lattice shape means it can be used for all sorts of cards including those tricky masculine ones!  I also bought the 'Tea Party Square Base' die at the same time and that die is swirly so that's more suited to my favourite floral and butterfly cards!   I haven't used it on a card yet but today is a day off and I'm planning to use it with some rose stamps so I'll share that card soon.

I made a Smoky Slate 5 3/4" square card and popped up the black lattice.  I stamped the Hero Arts 'Three Ferns' stamp in Smoky Slate ink and added some definition to the bottom of the leaves with a Basic Gray marker.  I stamped the ferns again on a separate piece of CS in Smoky Slate ink stamped off once, cut that out with an oval punch, stamped the sentiment, edged the oval with black ink and glued the oval over the top of the original stamped ferns image so that the design matched up.  I popped up the fern stamped circle and added metal gem embellishments to finish the card front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I love that ferns stamp, I haven't used it in a while so it was great to get it inky again!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Three Ferns' & 'Lots of Wonderful', Personal Impressions 'Extra Large Everyday Messages' set
CS: SU! Smoky Slate, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Smoky Slate, Basic Gray marker, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Tonic Studios Indulgence Round Window 'Boudoir Square Base' die, circle Nestabilities dies, circle punches, SU! Large Oval punch, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Marianne Designs metal adhesive gem, 3D foam tape, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10