Wednesday 25 May 2016

Watercolour Poppies One Layer Thank You Card

The Penny Black 'Pop Pop Poppy' stamp is so pretty, I really love the watercolour look.  I don't always want to use watercolour paper though and so I was chuffed to bits to find that the image stamped beautifully onto the front of an ordinary white card blank after being inked and spritzed with water.  I don't make a one layer card very often but I'm really happy with how this turned out.  I think this design would be great for a set of cards using different sentiments and colours.

I stamped the flourish image from the SU! 'Timeless Textures' set as a background in So Saffron ink.  I applied Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick and Peeled Paint Distress Inks to the stamp using sponge daubers, spritzed the stamp with water and stamped onto the card front.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink and the splatters in stamped off once black ink.


Here's a closer look at the stamped image.


I spritzed the stamp again with water (without reinking) and stamped inside and repeated the spritzing and stamping a third time for the envelope.  I love the soft look that the second and third generation stamping gives!


Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black 'Pop Pop Poppy', Clearly Besotted 'Brushed Greetings II' set, SU! 'Timeless Textures' set
CS: PaperMania white A6 card blank
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick & Peeled Paint Distress Inks, SU! So Saffron
Tools: Sponge daubers, water spritzer bottle


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10