Saturday 16 July 2016

Balloon & Clouds Birthday Card

New SU! goodies were awaiting me when I arrived home from work a few days ago and as it was the afternoon I had some time to head straight to my craft room and get inky!  I decided to make a quick and simple card using the 'Celebrate Today' stamp set and matching Framelits dies.  

The Pool Party card measures 5 1/4" square.  I lightly sponged the white square with Pool Party ink, edged it with Island Indigo ink and stamped the hot air balloon basket and the sentiment.  I then stamped and die cut the balloon, snipped off the knot at the bottom so that it looks like a hot air balloon rather than a party balloon and inked the edges with Island Indigo ink.  I used the SU! 'Sprinkles of Life' stamp set and matching 'Tree Builder' punch to create some clouds - perfect to go with a hot air balloon, I love it when different items work so well together!  I sponged the clouds with Pool Party ink, edged each one with Island Indigo ink, glued two shapes in place and popped up the third cloud.  I popped up the balloon and added silver Candi Dot embellishments to finish the front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I used the bunting stamp from the 'Celebrate Today' set to decorate the inside and the envelope flap.  D'oh - forgot to ink the edges of the white panel!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Celebrate Today' & 'Sprinkles of Life' sets, Clearly Besotted 'Happy Birthday' set
CS: SU! Pool Party, Island Indigo & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Pool Party & Island Indigo
Tools: SU! 'Balloon' Framelits dies, SU! 'Tree Builder' punch
Embellishments & accessories: Craftwork Cards Regal Silver Candi Dots, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10