Wednesday, 20 July 2016

Snowflake Merriest Wishes Gap Card

I'm getting in as much crafty time as I can this week as I'm on holiday from work!  I thought I'd enter into a Christmas card challenge as it's been ages since I've done that.  There's a snowflakes theme challenge over at Sparkles Christmas Challenges and I'm entering this snowflake gap card.  This card was made on one of the hottest days of the year, I hoped working with snowflakes would take my mind off the heat!

This card measures 5 3/4" square and I used SU! Bermuda Bay CS for the card base and the snowflake paper is from the SU! 'Season of Cheer' DSP pack.  I cut a 2" wide gap 1 1/2" from the top of the card.  I used Bermuda bay ink for the larger snowflake and Night of Navy ink for the smaller one.  I stamped and fussy cut the small hexagonal piece and glued it in the centre.  I popped up both the larger and smaller snowflakes and some rhinestone jewels completed the card front.


Here's a side view of the gap card.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I stamped the snowflakes in stamped off once Bermuda Bay ink and stamped the sentiments in Night of Navy ink.  I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp the snowflakes repeatedly to form the border at the bottom.   A stamped and die cut snowflake decorates the envelope flap.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Festive Flurry' set, Hero Arts 'Very Merry Christmas' set, PSX 'Snowflake Medley'
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Season of Cheer' DSP
Ink: SU! Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy
Tools: SU! 'Festive Flurry' Framelits dies, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif


2 comments:

Marie B. said...

Hi Ruth! I saw your card in the Sparkles Christmas gallery and stopped by to say that I really like it! So pretty! :)

Sandra H said...

This is just the cutest card ever and just perfect for our challenge over at Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Snowflakes" good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx